Sunday, July 16, 2017

(Finished July 30th, 2017) Incubus' Salt Lake City Preview

Hello,

Two days after seeing Green Day and Catfish and Bottlemen, I'll be back at the same venue to see Incubus, Jimmy Eat World and Judah and the Lion. The date of the show is August 9th, I'm looking forward to both Incubus and Jimmy Eat World- both have a lot of good songs. I strongly suggest to check out Incubus' "8". I didn't think they had that good of a CD left in them, especially since it seemed like they had disappeared.

After compiling the songs on this blog, I'm a lot less excited about seeing Incubus in concert. There seems to be downtime in between each song, too many slow songs and not enough rocking. Some of the songs make this feel less of a rock show than an instrumental music show. Also when the concert should be building momentum, they play "In The Company of Wolves", "Loneliest" and a snippet of "When I Became A Man". "Man" merges into "Warning", which is one of their best songs. However that's followed by an encore? I understand that playing the same song over and over and over again can be incredibly tiring, however messing with the arrangements usually doesn't make the song better.

I hope the actual experience of seeing them in concert will be much better. As always a review will be forthcoming.

1) "Glitterbomb":



2) "Circles":



3) "Nimble Bastard":



Sadly not the best recording of this song. 4) "Anna Molly":



Where possible I've used 2017 concert videos for each song. But sometimes such a video doesn't exist or the sound is low quality. 5) "Love Hurts":



I wish all live videos sounded this good. 6) "Megalomaniac":



7) "If Not Now, When?":



8) "Wish You Were Here" (with Pink Floyd tag):



9) "State of the Art":



10) "Pardon Me":



11) "Drive":



12) "Dig":



Just a few days ago. 13) "Pantomime":



Brandon put on a shirt, you ain't as cool as you think you are. 14) "Nice To Know You":



15) "In The Company of Wolves":



16) "Loneliest":



17) "When I Became a Man"/ 18) "Warning":



Encore

19) "Aqueous Transmission":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites