Wednesday, June 13, 2018

(Finished June 13th, 2018) An Intro To RidingEasy Records

Hello,

A couple of days ago I had the day off and so I went to one of my favorite places, Graywhale. It's a store that sells mostly music, although they do sell other pop culture artifacts as well. Graywhale is like an old school record store. Not only they do carry the newest and hottest stuff, but they also know their music.

I had the privilege of talking to someone who knew her stuff and she introduced me to a record label called RidingEasy records. She called this some old school rock music, but also feels modern. They have a YouTube channel and I'm going to post a select number of songs by bands on the RidingEasy label. I can't guarantee the quality of the below music as of now, this is the first time I'm listening to these songs as well. This might work out to be a great idea or not.

The person I talked to was really high on the bands Slow Season, the Brown Acid Comps and Svvamp (not a misspelling and she said she thinks it's pronounced swamp). I'm going to start with Svvamp and Slow Season.

This has more of a bluesy feel than some of the other RidingEasy bands, Svvamp.

"Sunshine Street":


This is Svvamp's debut CD "Svvamp":


Slow Season's 2014 CD "Mountains":


I believe there have been 6 of these so-called Brown Acid compilations. What are Brown Acid compilations? This is from the the RidingEasy website: "Lance Barresi, co-owner of L.A./Chicago retailer Permanent Records has shown incredible persistence in tracking down a stellar collection of rare singles from the 60s and 70s for the growing compilation series. Partnered with Daniel Hall of RidingEasy Records, the two have assembled a selection of songs that’s hard to believe have remained unheard for so long."

I'm These are several different bands on one compilation CD, mostly extremely obscure bands. This is "The First Trip". A particular favorite song of mine on this compilation is track 3. The band is named Tour and the song is "One of The Bad Guys". On Josefus' "Hard Luck" does the singer sound like John Fogerty to anyone else?


The Death Wheelers "I Tread On Your Grave":



Monolord "Empress Rising":



theobscuremusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites