Wednesday, September 26, 2018

(FInished September 26th, 2018) The Blues: An Education, Part 1

Hello,

I'm a white dude that lives in Utah, what the hell do I know about the Blues? I'll be honest I don't know a whole lot about the workings of the Blues. But I've had my heart broken and I've been divorced, I've lost people I've loved, I've had down days and I've had down years. I've battled with my self esteem etc. So although I don't know a lot about the Blues, I do know a lot about the blues. These are some of my favorite Blues classics.

In my not so humble opinion the two kings of the Blues are B.B. King and Muddy Waters. But I'm going to focus on some of the other great Blues artists first.

Led Zeppelin 

"I Can't Quit You Babe":


"Whole Lotta Love":



"When The Levee Breaks":



"Dazed and Confused":



"Since I've Been Loving You":



Elmore James

"Dust My Broom":



Howlin' Wolf

"Spoonful":


John Lee Hooker

"Boom Boom":


"Smokestack Lightning":



"One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer":



"Crawlin' King Snake":



Little Walter

"My Babe":


Many consider him a legend, but I've always been kinda been meh on him. Robert Johnson

"Crossroad Blues":



"Hellhound On My Trail":



Not really a Blues song per se, but it seems like it would fit in with that kind of music. Dire Straits "Sultans of Swing":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites