Monday, September 3, 2018

(Finished September 21st, 2018) themusicaddict's Top 16 Greatest 80s Soundtracks #13 "Dirty Dancing"

Hello,

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner" is one of the most iconic lines of any movie. This is what Johnny Castle (Patrick Swayze) says to Frances "Baby" Houseman (Jennifer Grey) when he pulls her away to dance with him. I thought Jerry Orbach was wasted in this movie. He's so good in "Law and Order", but it's always good to see him. I was kind of meh on the movie, but the soundtrack is amazing. I love the mix of great oldies and original songs. I hadn't really listened to it until I started working on this series of 80s countdown blogs. As I said I only post the songs I like from each of these greatest 80s soundtracks. This CD has 12 songs and I like all of them. My favorite songs are Patrick Swayze's "She's Like The Wind", Eric Carmen "Hungry Eyes" and to be honest so many other amazing songs.


The less said about the Black Eyed Peas cover, the better. This is the definitive version of that song. 1) Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes "(I've Had) The Time Of My Life":


2) The Ronettes "Be My Baby":


3) Patrick Swayze (featuring Wendy Fraser) "She's Like The Wind":


4) Eric Carmen "Hungry Eyes":


5) Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs "Stay":



6) Merry Clayton "Yes":



7) The Blow Monkeys "You Don't Own Me":



8) Billak Massaingale "Hey! Baby". I couldn't find that version, so this is the Bruce Channel version:



9) Alfie Zappacosta "Overload":



I think these next two songs are the weakest songs on the soundtrack, but I still think they're good.
10) Mickie & Sylvia "Love Is Strange":



11) Tom Johnston "Where Are You Tonight":



12) The Five Satins "In The Still of The Night":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites