Monday, December 10, 2018

(Finished Dec 11th, 2018) themusicaddict's 123 Best Songs of the 80s, Part 1

Hello,

Using the below video as the foundation for this series of blogs. That video features 66 classic songs of the 80s and is a solid list. There's only one song I removed from the below video, a terrible song by Wasp. It was only included in the "The Eighties" video because of Tipper Gore's P.M.R.C. While looking at that list I thought there wasn't enough New Wave songs and then I realized there weren't enough ballads. I added more of each kind of those songs, spending several more minutes googling several other websites as I want the most complete and accurate greatest 80's videos. I also swapped out songs for U2, swapping out "New Year's Day" for "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". I also swapped out "White Lines" for "The Message" for Grandmaster Flash. I started with 122 songs, knowing I would probably add more. I discovered that I missed some obvious songs. I've already added Night Ranger's "Sister Christian", which is the 123rd song on this list.


These songs are in no particular order:

1) The Talking Heads "Burning Down The House":


2) Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone":


3) Dexy's Midnight Runners "Come On Eileen":


4) Paul Hardcastle "19":



5) Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam "Head To Toe":



6) The Gap Band "You Dropped A Bomb On Me":



7) ABC "Poison Arrow":



8) Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes "Up Where We Belong":



9) The Mary Jane Girls "In My House":



10) Madness "Our House":



11) Frankie Goes To Hollywood "Relax":



12) The Pet Shop Boys "West End Girls":



13) Queen "Radio Gaga":



14) U2 "Sunday Bloody Sunday":



15) U2) "New Year's Day":



16) Kurtis Blow "The Breaks":



17) Run-D.M.C. "King of Rock":



18) Run-D.M.C. with Aerosmith "Walk This Way":



"The Message" is way over rated, this is Grandmaster Flash's best song easily.
19) Grandmaster Flash "White Lines":



20) Atlantic Starr "Secret Lovers":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites