Sunday, December 9, 2018

(Finished December 9th, 2018) Some of The Best Songs of 1989, Part 1: Country

Hello,

I watched a bit of the "CNN The Eighties" episode "Video Killed The Radio Star" last night. The part I saw talked about many of those great songs of that decade. One of the guests saying that there will never be another decade like the 80's musically. That's due to all the genres that were so popular then. There were great songs from the pop, rock, heavy medal, hip hop, rap, dance, alternative and country songs. Each genre had multiple classic songs. There will never be a time like the 80s ever again. Also we are just a few days from the 30th anniversary of 1989. So this series of blogs will cover the best songs of 1989.


First up the best country songs of 1989. I was going to give some love to Garth Brooks, but I've forgotten how his greed keeps his music off of YouTube. Oh well, it's not like he needs more money. If the videos were available for Garth, I'd post the videos for "If Tomorrow Never Comes", "Every Time That It Rains", "Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)" and "Nobody Gets Off In This Town". That last song has some great lyrics.

I may be off on some of these songs year of release, I don't have time to investigate to make sure I have the correct year for every song. Again my philosophy is the best songs, not the most popular songs.

Starting off with a few songs from Clint Black:
"Nobody's Home":


"A Better Man":


"Killin' Time":


"Walkin' Away":


"Nothing's News":



Lorrie Morgan
"He Talks To Me":


"Five Minutes":



Four songs from Shenandoah:
"Sunday In The South":



"Two Dozen Roses":



"Mama Knows":



"The Church on Cumberland Road":



A four pack from Alabama:
"Song of The South":



"High Cotton":



"Southern Star":



"If I Had You":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites