Saturday, May 11, 2019

(Finished May 11th, 2019) The Best Songs of 80s Soundtracks, Part 1: Songs 1-18

Hello,

I have spent more time than I should working on these blogs. I have done a deep dive into as many soundtracks I could think of or find to scrounge up every good song from so many great and some not that good movies. At this point I have 5 columns of about 35 songs. I will be posting those obvious songs you think of when you hear 80s soundtracks. However I will also add some great songs that you may have completely forgotten. There are a few of these songs that I have forgotten or never knew existed. Many soundtracks feature songs from many years previous to the soundtrack, I have mostly excluded those songs.

"Iron Eagle" was the soundtrack that prompted this whole blog series. It has two great songs that I wasn't aware of until yesterday.

1) King Kobra "Iron Eagle (Never Say Die)":



2) Katrina and the Waves "Maniac House":



3) Queen "One Vision":



4) Dio "Hide In The Rainbow":



5) Helix "It's Too Late":



6) Adrenaline "The Road of the Gypsy":



7) The Jon Butcher Axis "This Raging Fire":



"Ghostbusters" and "Ghostbusters 2":

8) Ray Parker Jr. "Ghostbusters":



9) Bobby Brown "On Our Own":



10) Thompson Twins "In The Name of Love":


"The Breakfast Club":

11) Simple Minds "Don't You Forget About Me":



"Top Gun":

12) Kenny Loggins "Playing With The Boys":



13) Berlin "Take My Breath Away":



14) Loverboy "Heaven In Your Eyes":



15) Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone":



15) Teena Marie "Lead Me On":



16) Miami Sound Machine "Hot Summer Nights";



17) Larry Greene "Through The Fire":



18) Marietta "Destination Unknown":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites