Saturday, August 31, 2019

(Finished August 25th, 2020) The Best of Casablanca Records, Part 1

Hello,

Last night I went and saw Elle King (good), Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (great) and Heart (solid meaning somewhere in between). A member of Joan Jett's band, Thommy Price I believe, mentioned Neil Bogart and was thankful for his help in launching their career. Joan Jett and the Blackhawks weren't on Casablanca. They were signed to Bogarts's post Casablanca record label, Boardwalk Records. Joan Jett was one of their only major signings and the company folded about a year after the death of Neil Bogart. He was an American record executive that was known most for the founding of Casablanca Records. That company was most closely associated with late 70's Disco. I thought I would write a blog about the best songs of Casablanca. (Thanks to Wikipedia.org for the above information.)

1) Donna Summer "I Feel Love":


I have loved this song since way back in the day when I first heard it and still love it that much today. 2) Lipps Inc. "Funkytown":


3) Parliament "Give Up The Funk (Take The Roof Off The Sucker)":


4) The Village People "In The Navy":


5) Love and Kisses "Thank God It's Friday":


6) The Village People "In Hollywood (Everybody Is A Star)":


7) Parliament "Flashlight":


8) The Ritchie Family "Put Your Feet To The Beat":


9) Cameo "Find My Way":



10) Starpoint "I Just Wanna Dance With You":


11) Donna Summer "Hot Stuff":


12) Donna Summer "Bad Girls":



13) Giorgio Moroder "Chase":



Not even 1 million views for this Disco classic? 14) The Village People "Macho Man":



15) Kiss "Detroit Rock City":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites