Saturday, August 17, 2019

(Finished August 17th, 2019) The Best Bought Songs Today

Hello,

I keep a list of all the songs that I want to add to my iTunes and every once-in-awhile I like to go crazy today. I had a couple of iTunes gift cards and went crazy today. I don't just buy those songs from my list, I also do some exploring. These are the best songs that I bought today.

This was on a CD titled New Wave Classics, but I had never heard of this song until today. 
Even with an old MTV promo, not a promo I'm familiar with. 
1) The Clocks "She Looks A Lot Like You":


I've been wanting to buy this song for several years, it finally was available!! Click and buy.
2) Tracey Ullman "They Don't Know":


The other day on my morning walk I heard "The Impression I Get", which is a song I had forgotten how much I love. That made me check out their music. While doing so I was reminded that they sing a very cool version of Kiss' "Detroit Rock City", which now occupies a spot on my iTunes.
3) The Mighty Mighty Bosstones "Detroit Rock City":


Quarterflash is known most for their songs "Harden My Heart" and "Find Another Fool". But they also had another great song with 4) "Take Me To Heart":


A couple by Josie Cotton:
5) "Jimmy Loves Maryann":


6)"Tell Him":


I discovered- yes discovered as I don't remember hearing this song back in the mid-80s- this great song several weeks ago. I waited to buy it. What a great song. 7) Wild Blue "Fire With Fire":


Last night here in Salt Lake City a pretty great lineup of performers played together. OMD, Berlin and The B-52's. That caused a few songs to be added to my iTunes and this list. 
8) The B-52's "Juliet of the Spirits":


9) OMD "Dreaming":


10) OMD "Forever (Live and Die)":


11) OMD "So In Love":


Another song I randomly discovered the other day, I hadn't thought of K.T. Oslin in years. But I do love these two songs.

12) "Do Ya":


I really love this song. 13) "Hey Bobby": 


14) Heart "Beautiful Broken":


15) Heart "City's Burning":


16) Heart "Two":


Thanks to The Wave 103.1 I have rediscovered this song, except the version they play is the Peter Schilling version. 17) Heaven and Earth "The Different Story":


18) Blues Brothers "Gimme Some Lovin'":



19) Pink Floyd "Not Now John":



I've had a terrible version of this song on iTunes for the longest time. Finally today the classic version is on iTunes, so I snatched it up. 20) Peter Schilling "Major Tom (Coming Home)":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites