Thursday, August 8, 2019

(Finished August 8th, 2019) Planet Rock's Ridiculous Top 16 AC/DC Songs

Hello,

As I prepare to start counting down AC/DC's Top Greatest 80's Era songs I've been reading Issue 10 of Planet Rock. It has a big feature about AC/DC, included in that Planet Rock counts down AC/DC's Top 40 songs. However that Top 40 is ridiculous and in not a good way. Here are the Top 16 songs and some comments about selected songs.

AC/DC released 12 CDs during the 80s era and I've only listened to the first CD so far. So it will be awhile before I get to my own AC/DC countdown, however I'll probably be counting down more songs than 40.

I've been listening to AC/DC since the 80s and I had never ever heard of this song before. This is an okay song, but not a Top 16 AC/DC song. 
16)  "What's Next To The Moon":


15) "Whole Lotta Rosie":


I love, love, love this song although it might not be a Top 16 AC/DC song. 14) "Ride On":


Meh, not worthy of AC/DC's Top 16 songs. 13) "Sin City":


12) "Riff Raff":


11) "Hells Bells":


Not only is this song title accurate, but rock and roll is also effective and inexpensive therapy.
10) "Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Pollution":



This is definitely one of AC/DC's Top 16 songs. 9) "You Shook Me All Night Long":



8) "If You Want Blood":



7) "Highway To Hell":



6) "Touch Too Much":



5) "It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock'n'Roll)":



This is definitely one of AC/DC's Top 16 songs. 4) "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap":



I've been listening to AC/DC since the 80s and I had never ever heard of this song before. This is a pretty cool song. 3) "Up To My Neck In You":



This is definitely one of AC/DC's Top 16 songs 2) "Back In Black":



This song is watered down version of the much better "Dirty Deeds". Even if there were a million alternate universes this would be AC/DC's #1 song in absolutely none of them. 1) "Problem Child":


Songs that would be much better in the Top 15 include "Thunderstruck", "Shoot To Thrill", "Who Made Who", "Moneytalks", "T.N.T.", "Inject The Venom", "Girls Got Rhythm" and "Rock N Roll Train".


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites