Thursday, June 4, 2020

(Finished June 6th, 2020) A Tribute To George Floyd, Justice and America

Hello,

Today was George Floyd's memorial service, this blog is a tribute to him. I don't know what kind of person he was, so I don't know if he was a good guy or a bad guy. Frankly I don't care and I don't think that really matters. What matters is the fact that he was killed by a cop that kept his knee on Floyd's neck for 8:46. This blog isn't anti-cop, anti-protester (although I'm very much against looting) or anti-common sense or anti-government.

This blog is about equality for all. I have a serious case of white privilege, which means there are so many things I don't understand about the black experience in America. But I'm trying to be a little more woke everyday.

From the Politico.com article about Floyd's memorial service today:

"The family and friends of George Floyd, the unarmed black man killed while in custody of Minneapolis police last week, remembered him on Thursday as an inclusive, joyful and optimistic brother, cousin and uncle, as hundreds of others gathered to pay their respects following more than a week of mass unrest over his death."

This Pink Floyd song "Sorrow" lasts one more second than Floyd had the knee on his neck that ultimately killed him. Imagine having a knee on your neck for the length of this video 1) "Sorrow":


2) Pink Floyd "Shine On You Crazy Diamond":


3) Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here":


I used to not think this kind of thing was possible in America, now after 3.5 years of Trump I'm not so sure 4) "In The Flesh":

Are there any queers in the theater tonight
Get 'em up against the wall (Against the wall)
There's one in the spotlight
He don't look right to me
Get him up against the wall (Against the wall)

That one looks Jewish
And that one's a coon
Who let all of this riff raff into the room
There's one smoking a joint and
Another with spots
If I had my way
I'd have all of you shot



5) Public Enemy "Fight The Power":



6) Rage Against The Machine "Killing In The Name":



7) Rage Against The Machine "Bullet In The Head":



8) RATM "Know Your Enemy":



This is my favorite version of this black anthem. 9) Greta Van Fleet "A Change Is Gonna Come":



10) U2 "Sunday Bloody Sunday":



11) Bob Marley "Get Up, Stand Up":



12) Artists Against Apartheid "Sun City":



From the amazingly powerful movie "Selma", this is 13) John Legend featuring Common's "Glory":


14) Cynthia Ervio "Stand Up":



15) Michael Jackson "They Don't Care About Us":



16) Michael Jackson "Heal The World":



17) Prophets of Rage "Hail To The Chief":



Great Songs by George's:
18) George Benson "On Broadway":



19) George Benson "Turn Your Love Around":



20) George Benson "This Masquerade":



21) George Michael "They Won't Go When I Go":



22) George Michael "Praying For Time":



23) George Strait "You Know Me Better Than That":



24) George Strait "The Chair":



25) Linkin Park "Faint":



26) Linkin Park "One Step Closer":



This is Prince's song about the death of a black man, Freddie Grey,  by the cops.
27) Prince "Baltimore":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites