Sunday, January 10, 2021

(Finished January 10th, 2021) The Best Mellow Songs of 1999, Part 2: Songs 18-34

Hello,

Rock music, besides a few bands, albums and songs, was very anemic in 1999. The dominant music of that year was soul and hip hop, which I'm not a huge fan. That's not saying there isn't a lot of amazing soul, especially old school soul, and hip hop. In fact many of the songs below I don't know anything about by title and artist. My heart belongs to rock, pop and various smatterings of other genres' music. If the hard/ rock music was lacking how was the soft and mellow music of 1999? It was thankfully much better.

18) Mariah Carey Featuring Jay Z "Heartbreaker":

19) Mariah Carey "I Still Believe":

20) Lauryn Hill "Doo Wop (That Thing)":

21) Lou Bega "Mambo No. 5":

22) Tyrese "Sweet Lady":

23) N'Sync "God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On Me":

24) Shawn Mullins "Lullaby":

25) Brad Paisley "It Never Woulda Worked Out":

26) Jewel "Hands":

27) Tim McGraw "Please Remember Me":

28) Shania Twain "From This Moment On":

29) Lauryn Hill "Ex-Factor":

30) Goo Goo Dolls "Black Balloon":

31) Sarah McLachlan "I Will Remember You":

32) Case "Happily Ever After":

33) Whitney Houston "My Love Is Your Love":

34) Marc Anthony "I Need To Know":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites