Thursday, January 28, 2021

(Finished January 28th, 2021) Part 1 of Exploring New Wave Obscurities Together, Songs 1-17

Hello,

I couldn't decide to focus on Greatest Duets of all-time or exploring new wave music. I've decided to go with New Wave music that I'm not familiar with (and maybe a few favorites), at least from the title. Let's see how this works out. For the foundation of these blogs I'm using songs from the "Just Can't Get Enough" 15 CD compilation of new wave classics.

Is this not the absolute definition of an obscurity, I had never heard of this song before. To be fair I don't know what radio station this would have been played on in the late 70s. In 2010 Roger Francois Jouret, aka Plastic Bertrand" was revealed to be having Milli Vanilli issues with his first 4 CDs. 

1) Plastic Bertrand "Ca plane pour moi":

2) The Normal "Warm Leatherette":

3) Flash and the Pan "Hey St. Peter":

4) D-Day "Too Young To Date":

5) Graham Parker "Local Girls":

6) Dave Edmunds "Girls Talk":

7) Tim Curry "I Do The Rock":

8) The Inmates "Dirty Water":

I was wondering if this was a cover of the classic Monkees/ Neil Diamond song. It is indeed!!

9) Tin Huey "I'm A Believer":

11) Suburban Lawns "Gidget Goes To Hell":

12) Ian Dury & The Blockheads "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick":

13) Human Sexual Response "What Does Sex Mean To Me?":

14) The Kingbees "My Mistake":

A very weird title for an offbeat song, but I like it. 15) Tonio K "The Funky Western Civilization":


16) The Beat "You Won't Be Happy":

I was fairly sure I knew this song, but I couldn't quite place the song. Then I heard the first few notes and instantly remembered it. 17) Split Enz "I Got You":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites