Wednesday, May 25, 2022

(Started May 25th, 2022) Part 2 of What Rock Music Broke Through in The Peak Year of Disco?

Hello,

1979 was the probably the peak year of Disco, that genre dominated the top 100 year end chart. But by the next year, 1980, Disco was quickly on it's way around. But the year 1979 was a banner year for Disco. Despite that Disco break out year there was still a lot of great rock songs that broke through. I'm not one of those who hated Disco, I loved Disco and all of the great songs that came out of it. These blogs are an appreciation of all the great songs of 1979.

18) AC/DC "Night Prowler":

19) April Rock "I Like To Rock":

These next three songs are from "In Through The Out Door", the last real Led Zeppelin studio album. 

20) "All My Love":

21) "Fool In The Rain":

22) "In The Evening""

23) The Cars "Let's Go":

24) Fleetwood Mac "Sara":

25) Rickie Lee Jones "Chuck E's In Love":

26) Journey "Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin'":

27) The Knack "Maybe Tonight":

28) Molly Hatchet "Flirtin With Disaster":

These next two songs are by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers 29) "Refugee":

30) "Don't Do Me Like That":

31) "Hey Hey My My":

The next two songs are by ZZ Top. 32) "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide":

33) "Cheap Sunglasses":

34) Styx "Lights":

35) Pat Benatar "Heartbreaker":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites