Monday, May 16, 2022

(Finished May 16th, 2022) Part 3 of The 102 Best Songs of the 80s

Hello,

The way this is going to go is I'm going to post the Top 102 greatest 80s songs in order of the way I thought of them. Once I hit 102 songs I'll and look at the 100 listed songs and see if there are any other songs that the 103rd song might be better than. If so I'll replace the previously listed song. That way I can stay at 102 songs and have truly the 102 greatest 80s songs of all-time. Well at least that's the fantasy and dream. This isn't a ranking by best songs, that's just too much work. As best as I can these are the 102 greatest 80s songs.

I may or may not post other great 80s songs by each band listed. Some of these musicians have more than just one of the Top 102 80s songs of all-time. As all of these artists are so much more than one of the 100 greatest songs of the 80s.

Only 5.6 million YouTube views? See the above "The Glory of Love" reaction. I do know some of these videos have been around longer than others though. 8) Huey Lewis and the News "The Power of Love":


Other great 80s Huey Lewis and the News songs:

Slightly over 10 million YouTube views. This song came so close to the 102 Best Songs of the 80s. "Do You Believe In Love":


"Workin' For A Livin'":


"Heart and Soul":


"Walking On A Thin Line":


"Jacob's Ladder":

Almost 85 million YouTube views. 9) Madonna "Live To Tell":


Other great 80s songs by the Queen of Pop, Madonna:

"Holiday":


"Lucky Star":


"Borderline":


"Angel":


"Crazy For You":


"Material Girl":


"Love Don't Live Here Anymore":


"Dress You Up":


46 million YouTube views. 10) Modern English "I Melt With You":


Other 80s one hit wonders:

When In Rome "The Promise":


The Flirts "Jukebox (Don't Put Another Time)":


Real Life "Send Me An Angel":


Big Country "In A Big Country":


Only 82,386 YouTube views. This is one of the more obscure 80s songs though. Polecats "Make A Circuit With Me":


Just barely over 25 million YouTube views. 11) Bananarama "Venus":

Originally I had Madonna's Vogue here, but in researching it I realized that song was released in 1990. I replaced it with another almost as good Madonna classic.  This amazing song and video has over 34 million YouTube views. 12) Madonna "Express Yourself": 

Other great songs by the Queen of Pop, Madonna:

"Promise To Try":


"Till Death Do Us Part":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites