Sunday, May 29, 2022

(Finished May 29th, 2022) Part 2 of The 102 Best Songs of the 1990s

Hello,

The way I'm doing this is I'm going to post the Top 100 greatest 90s songs in order of the way I thought of them. Once I hit 100 songs I will go and look at the 100 listed songs and see if there are any other songs that the 101st song might be better than. If so I will replace the previously listed song. That way I can stay at 100 songs and have truly the 100 greatest 1990s songs of all-time. This isn't a ranking by best songs, that's just too much work. As best as I can these are the 100 greatest 1990s songs.

I will also post other great 80s songs by each band listed. As all of these artists are so much more than one of the 100 greatest songs of the 1990s. Yeah I'm going to try and do all the decades from the 1950s to now, some decades will be harder/easier than others. Again not all of these songs will still be around in the final edition of this decade's Top 100 Best Songs.

I included Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares 2 U" and M.C. Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" in with the best songs of the 80s. I won't be including those songs here.

Almost 4 million YouTube views. That ugly dude used to be in a relationship with Kate Hudson, it's must be true that women love singers. 18) The Black Crowes "Hard To Handle":


Boys 2 Men peaked on this their first song, sadly it was downhill after that. But almost 12 million people have enjoyed this video. 19) Boys 2 Men "Motownphilly":


Just shy of 50 million YouTube views. 20) Enigma "Sadeness":


Not even 3 million YouTube views, that's a disgrace. 21) The Wallflowers "The Difference":


Almost 47 million YouTube views. 22) Lit "My Own Worst Enemy":


Also almost 47 million YouTube views for one of the most beautiful ballads of all-time. 23) Mazzy Star "Fade Into You":


Over 34 million YouTube views. 24) The Offspring "Come Out and Play":


Almost 27 million YouTube views. 25) Black Box "Everybody Everybody":


Not even 5 million YouTube views? Shameful. 26) Bell Biv Devoe "Poison":


Almost 7.5 million YouTube views. 27) Firehouse "Don't Treat Me Bad":


Almost 71.5 million YouTube views. 28) Aerosmith "Livin' On The Edge":


Almost 2 billion YouTube views. How does this video get so many views when equally worthy videos only get a few million views? 29) Guns N' Roses "November Rain":


Almost 1.5 billion YouTube views. When this song was first released it was a big hit to the status quo. It was the beginning of the end for hair metal. Although grunge only lasted as a significant musical genre for about 3 or 4 years. It was a flash in the pan but it has left behind a lot of great music. 30) Nirvana "Smells Like Teen Spirit":


Over 291 million YouTube views. 31) Aerosmith "Cryin":


Almost 281.5 million YouTube views, just a few thousand short views of that goal. 32) Santana featuring Rob Thomas "Smooth":


I always thought this was an incredibly sappy song, but it somehow hot it's hooks into me and I now absolutely love it. And I'm not the only one as over 953 million of my closest friends have viewed this video on YouTube. 33) The Scorpions "Wind of Change":


Over 312 million YouTube views. Released on the CD "Enema of the State" in 1999, so I went with this song as being a 90s song. That's despite it was released as a single in 2000.
34) Blink-192 "All The Small Things":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites