Thursday, October 5, 2023

(Finished October 5th, 2023) Part 8 of Apple's Top 200 Most Streamed 80s Songs 60-45

Hello,

Holy hell I'm in an 80s mood. After seeing David Bowie and Depeche Mode tribute bands and the actual Love and Rockets I've heard a lot of great 80s music live this year. Later this year I'll be seeing the Lost 80s tour which feature bands such as Wang Chung, General Public, Naked Eyes and others. And tonight I'll be seeing Duran Duran, Nile Rodgers and Chic and Bastille. With all that going on I'll be doing an 80s blog, but I desperately wanted to do something different than I've done before.  Thus I Googled for the best selling 80s songs of all-time. 

I normally would go to Billboard for this kind of thing, however I didn't want to pay for access for that. I continued Googling and came across a list of the most streamed 80s songs on Apple Music. For some reason there are only 199 songs on their Top 200, that gives me the option to provide my own song at #200. There are some very unusual songs on this list, including songs I've never heard of. But that's why I wanted a list like that to force me to include songs that I don't usually share. 

I'm considering coming up with a second set of blogs about songs that I can't believe aren't on this list.

60) Cyndi Lauper "Time After Time":

I wonder what song would have been here if some Stone Roses fan hadn't taken over this countdown? 59) The Stone Roses "I Wanna Be Adored":

58) Madonna "Like A Prayer": 

57) Michael Jackson "Smooth Criminal":

56) The La's "There She Goes":

55) David Bowie "Let's Dance":

54) Paul Simon "You Can Call Me Al":

53) Whitney Houston "How Will I Know":

52) Fleetwood Mac "Little Lies":

51) Queen "Radio Gaga":

50) The Pretenders "2000 Miles":

49) Phil Collins "Against All Odds":

I hate, just a bit, to be a snob, but this is about the 7th best song on the "Purple Rain" soundtrack. 48) Prince "Purple Rain":

47) Tina Turner "The Best":

46) Bob Marley and the Wailers "Could You Be Loved": 


45) New Order "Blue Monday":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites