Wednesday, October 25, 2023

(Updated October 25th, 2023) Part 11 of Apple's Top 200 Most Streamed 80s Songs: 10 to 4

Hello,

Holy hell I'm in an 80s mood. After seeing David Bowie and Depeche Mode tribute bands and the actual Love and Rockets I've heard a lot of great 80s music live this year. Later this year I'll be seeing the Lost 80s tour which feature bands such as Wang Chung, General Public, Naked Eyes and others. And tonight I'll be seeing Duran Duran, Nile Rodgers and Chic and Bastille. With all that going on I'll be doing an 80s blog, but I desperately wanted to do something different than I've done before.  Thus I Googled for the best selling 80s songs of all-time. 

I normally would go to Billboard for this kind of thing, however I didn't want to pay for access for that. I continued Googling and came across a list of the most streamed 80s songs on Apple Music. For some reason there are only 199 songs on their Top 200, that gives me the option to provide my own song at #200. There are some very unusual songs on this list, including songs I've never heard of. But that's why I wanted a list like that to force me to include songs that I don't usually share. 

Well here's the last of this long going blog series. Not only am I adding a video for each of the Top Ten songs, I'll be also adding videos for other songs by each band. Enjoy the greatest decade of music ever. Again this is Apple Music's Top 200 80s songs, not themusicaddict's Top Ten 80s songs.

10) AC/DC "Back In Black":

Another great song from the classic AC/DC CD "Back In Black". "Hells Bells":

Not to be a snob, but I'm going to be a snob. This is the tenth or eleventh best song on "Appetite For Destruction". That truly is one of the greatest debut, greatest rock and all-time greatest albums of all-time. 9) Guns N' Roses "Sweet Child O' Mine":

Now here's the best song on the CD "Mr. Brownstone":

The second best song from "Appetite":

Another great song from G N' R's classic debut CD "Nightrain":

8) a-ha "Take On Me":

a-ha were given the opportunity to do a Bond, James Bond song. Their Bond entry isn't well known but it's a pretty good song. Their not so classic "The Living Daylights":

Being a snob again but this is about my tenth favorite Journey song. Journey is one of my favorite 80s bands, but they were never as good after Steve Perry left the band. I was able to see the Journey Escape tour, that was an amazing concert. These next five songs are by Journey. 7) "Don't Stop Believin":

"Anyway You Want It":

featuring a Jonathan Cain piano solo "Who's Crying Now":

"Send Her My Love":

"I'll Be Alright Without You":

Like "Escape" and "Back In Black" "Slippery When Wet" was also a classic CD. Their follow up CD "New Jersey" is also a very good CD. I don't know how I still remember this but it was also the first CD I ever bought. The next six songs are by Bon Jovi. 6) "Livin On A Prayer":

"Wanted Dead or Alive":

"Never Say Goodbye":

"I'll Be There For You":

"On The Edge of A Broken Heart":


"Blood On Blood":


Speaking of classic CDs most people consider Jackson's "Thriller" the best CD of the 80s. It indeed has several amazing songs on it, there is not a dud on the whole CD. 5) Michael Jackson "Billie Jean":

"Smooth Criminal":

Written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie "We Are The World":

4) Fleetwood Mac "Everywhere":

These next four songs are all amazing 80s Fleetwood Mac tracks. "Gypsy":

"Little Lies":

"Hold Me":

"Big Love":


No comments:

Favorites