Thursday, October 26, 2023

(Finished October 26th, 2023) Part 12 of Apple's Top 200 Most Streamed 80s Song: 3 to 1

Hello,

Holy hell I'm in an 80s mood. After seeing David Bowie and Depeche Mode tribute bands and the actual Love and Rockets I've heard a lot of great 80s music live this year. Later this year I'll be seeing the Lost 80s tour which feature bands such as Wang Chung, General Public, Naked Eyes and others. And tonight I'll be seeing Duran Duran, Nile Rodgers and Chic and Bastille. With all that going on I'll be doing an 80s blog, but I desperately wanted to do something different than I've done before.  Thus I Googled for the best selling 80s songs of all-time. 

I normally would go to Billboard for this kind of thing, however I didn't want to pay for access for that. I continued Googling and came across a list of the most streamed 80s songs on Apple Music. For some reason there are only 199 songs on their Top 200, that gives me the option to provide my own song at #200. There are some very unusual songs on this list, including songs I've never heard of. But that's why I wanted a list like that to force me to include songs that I don't usually share. 

Well here's the last of this long going blog series. Not only am I adding a video for each of the Top Ten songs, I'll be also adding videos for other songs by each band. Enjoy the greatest decade of music ever. Again this is Apple Music's Top 200 80s songs, not themusicaddict's Top Ten 80s songs. I think trying to figure out my Top Ten 80s song would be a no win task. Also even if I did figure it out I think it would be constantly changing.

The next seven 80s songs are by Queen. 3) "Another One Bites The Dust":

"Play The Game":

"Flash":

"One Vision":

"Body Language":

Without this song would there have been Vanilla Ice? Under Pressure":

"Radio Gaga":

"Hammer To Fall":

The next nine 80s songs are by the Queen, Whitney Houston. I loved all eras of Whitney Houston, but the 80s was the best. 2)  "I Wanna Dance With Somebody Who Loves Me":

"You Give Good Love":

"All At Once":

"Saving All Of My Love For You":

"Didn't We Almost Have It All":

"Greatest Love Of All":

"Do You Hear What I Hear":

"How Will I Know":

"So Emotional":

Apple's most streamed 80s song and these other five 80s songs are all by Toto. 1) "Africa":

"Rosanna":

"I Won't Hold You Back":

"Stranger In Town":

"Pamela":

"I'll Be Over You":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites