Tuesday, October 31, 2023

(Finished October 31st, 2023) The Top 17 Songs 35 Years Ago, October 29th, 1988

Hello,

Most of the following information comes from this website: https://www.thepeoplehistory.com/1988.html

What was 1988 known for? 1988 Summer Olympics were held in Seoul, Korea. The Winter Olympics were held in Calgary, Canada. This was when both Olympic Games were held in the same year. The Soviet army withdraws from Afghanistan, a country known as the graveyard of empires. Hopefully that will serve as a sign for Russia eventually pulling out of Ukraine. The Space Shuttle program resumes 2.5 years after the Challenger disaster. 

Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" is published. That's a book that I have told myself that I'm going to read multiple times but have yet to get around to it. Other great books of 1988: Thomas Harris' "The Silence of the Lambs", Anne Rice "Queen of The Damned", H.G. Bissinger's "Friday Night Lights", and Dean Koontz's "Lightning". If I remember correctly that was the first Dean Koontz book I read and I loved it. Other popular books included Robert Fulghum's "All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten", James Michener's "Alaska" and Taylor Branch's "Parting The Waters".

Great movies of 1988: The original "Die Hard", "Rain Man", "Big":"Twins", "Eight Men Out", "The Last Temptation of Christ", "Coming to America", "Mystic Pizza" and "A Fish Called Wanda". 

17) Breathe "How Can I Fall":


I was listening to the radio constantly and watching MTV quite a bit, but I have never heard of this song. Maybe it will ring a bell when I listen to this song for this blog. I'm not familiar with this song, but it's a pretty good song. 16) Giant Steps "Another Lover":


15) Rod Stewart "Forever Young":


14) U2 "Desire":


13) Def Leppard "Love Bites":


12) Erasure "Chains of Fools":


11) Bobby Brown "Don't Be Cruel":


10) Bon Jovi "Bad Medicine":


9) Whitney Houston "One Moment In Time":


8) INXS "Never Tear Us Apart":


7) Kylie Minogue "The Loco-motion":


6) Steve Winwood "Don't You Know What The Night Can Do":


5) Information Society featuring Leonard Nimoy "What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)":


4) UB40 "Red Red Wine":


3) The Escape Club "Wild Wild West":


2) The Beach Boys "Kokomo":


1) Phil Collins "Groovy Kind of Love":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites