Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dance Club selections?

Hello,

Dragged by some crazy friends to a dance club last night, I discovered how less than inspiring dance music is now. I think Black Eyed Peas have currently some of the best dance music going but within the first hour they played at least 3 of their songs. And they played that terrible Flo rida song "Right Round" which they stole from one of the greatest dance songs ever.

Dead or Alive's "You Spin Me Round":



I noticed that most dance music has that thump, thump, thump sound at the core of each song. After awhile it becomes hard to differentiate where one song ends and another begins. That was lame, but even lamer they didn't play any Lady Gaga the whole night. Why aren't they playing music from the dance queen?

This was the first time I'd been to a dance club in 20 years? Something like that. It made me think of that classic movie, "White Men Can't Dance". I was shocked $15 for admission. For $15 dollars I should be able to choose my own songs, I certainly would have done better than the dj. Also what's up with slow songs now days. A slow song should be a chance to can get as close to a girl as possible as clothes will allow. It's hard to do that when there's some mid tempo beat running through the song. That's one of the many things I miss about the 80's. Those classic slow songs were probably the cause of more births than any other decade's music.

Needless to say I was disappointed and won't be rushing back any time soon.

What I wanted them to play was this song, a song that's impossible not to dance to.



I also was reminded how great both of these songs are. Not just as dance songs, but as great songs overall.





themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites