Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Rest of My Top 50 All-Time Artists, Under appreciated songs of the day

Hello,

This list has been pushed to the side for most of this year. I posted my #'s 16 and 15 artists on February 1st, 2011. I published my #17 artist on December 11th, 2010. I'm not going to get to filling out the Top 14 with videos so I might as well finish it here. Ironically this list was written about 6 months ago and there would be at least a few changes since then. For instance, Lady Gaga would be going down. A tremendous singer but how skanky she is is a real turn off for me. Be careful "AI" fans right now her new video for "Judas" will be airing during "American Idol". Anyway here's the Top 20:

20) Journey, Down 6 from my original Top 50
19) Buckcherry, they are my 7th debut in this Top 50.
18) Rihanna, she is my 8th debut
17) Cinderella, up 29 places from my first Top 50
16) Scorpions, down 1
15) Lady Gaga, she is the 9th debut on this Top 50
14) Michael Jackson, up 9
13) Van Halen, down 6
12) Green Day, down 1
11) Pink Floyd, they are my 10th and highest ranked debut
10) The Doors, down 5
9) Madonna, up 12
8) AC/DC, up 8
7) Ozzy Osbourne, up 10
6) U2, up 6
5) Def Leppard, up 1
4) Motley Crue, same
3) Guns 'n' Roses, same
2) Pearl Jam, same
1) Led Zeppelin, same Who else could be #1.

The artists that dropped out from my original Top 50 and their place in my original Top 50

Eagles (22), Garth Brooks (25), Steely Dan (28), Peter Gabriel (33), Elton John (38), Alabama (42), James Taylor (43), Pat Benatar (48) and B.B. King (50)

People that may or may not be on my next Top 50. Prince for sure will be on my next Top 50, I don't know how I missed him on my first two Top 50 lists. He'll be in or close to the Top Ten probably. I plead temporary insanity. Other artists and their likelihood of being in my next Top 50: 1) Soundgarden, 5%. They have reformed but they need to stop repackaging their hits. They need to release some high quality new music. 2) Arctic Monkeys, 10% 3) Taylor Swift, 50% She has a lot of good songs, she just hasn't earned her way on to this list. I might be taking my daughter to see her in concert this fall, that may propel her into my Top 50. 4) Morrissey, 10%, 5) Arcade Fire 20%, 6) Rush, 20%, 7) Black Eyed Peas, 50% 8) Nelly Furtado, 20% 9) Heart, 15% 10) Foo Fighters, a recent obsession, 10%

And bands that will never (probably) be in my Top 50. This is in no particular order. 1) Nirvana, they are so over rated, 2) Beatles, they are okay. 3) Almost all "real" rappers, except for Run-DMC and Beastie Boys 4) Vanilla Ice 5) Bob Dylan 6) Grateful Dead 7) Wilco 8) Flaming Lips 9) Coldplay 10) Fugees, but possibly Lauryn Hill 11) Nickleback, oh hell no 12) any boy bands or teen acts, Christina Aguilera may be the only exception. She needs to take her last CD and remove that piece of crap from people's memory.

By the way, her new show "The Voice" starts tonight. Are you going to watch it? I probably will, but I don't know how much I'll be blogging about it.

Under appreciated songs of the day:

This is a pretty cool song that I had never heard before today. The only reason it came up now is random on iTunes:



Which reminded me of this song:



Which reminded me of this song:

I was going to put Third Eye Blind's "Semi-Charmed Life" here, but the lyrics aren't very wholesome. So here's another Third Eye Blind song instead:



One more for fun:



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites