Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Under appreciated songs of the day!, Anticipation of a first date.

Hello,

I absolutely love this song, this is Death Cab For Cutie's "We Looked Like Giants":



Uh Huh Her's "Explode":



As I slowly get back into the dating swing of things, there are ups and downs. I'm coming out of a self imposed two month break from dating. I just wasn't feeling it. I have some female friends that I've had fun with, but none of those are ready to go to the next level. However I think that I'll actually be having a first date coming up soon. I've also been feeling that I need to get ready, for what I don't know.

This very attractive girl and I have agreed to go on a date, we are just working on getting a time. We both have kids to consider, although my kids don't live with me. It's my turn to have the kids this weekend. Since they are my priority, the time I spend with them is sacred. So I have to arrange my dating about them and my lady friend has even more kid responsibilities. Post divorce dating is a challenge.

Long story short, I've been thinking about what music should I play on our date. I'll be bringing five CD's with me to cover all moods. I'm a child of the 80's, hence that's mainly the music I'm picking. For a romantic mood, I have Whitney Houston. She's one of the greatest singers ever. For romantic and a bit more sexy mood, I have George Michael's "Faith". Truly one of the greatest CDs of the 80s. For fun, I have Hall and Oates Greatest Hits. For an offbeat and urban feel I have "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill". Also if she's looking for a rocking mood, I have Metallica's self-titled CD. That's one of their two or 3 best CDs. I'm going to let her pick the mood she would like and play the CD according to that.

themusicaddict

1 comment:

Zee said...

I absolutely ADORE We Looked Like Giants, I agree it is so underrated. Death Cab for Cutie are such an incredible band, they deserve more recognition :D

Favorites