Thursday, April 7, 2011

Uh-oh Beantown, Day 27 of the NFL Greedout

Hello,

In the NBA I only cheer for one team, and I have a love hate relationship with that team. That team being the Jazz. I've adopted the Thunder as my team during the playoffs. They have a young exciting team and one of the few NBA superstars I can tolerate in Kevin Durrant.

Although if you are an NBA fan you are going to want to enjoy the last few days of the regular season and the playoffs. In all likelihood the NBA is going to be having a Greedout as well. So this likely will be the last full NBA season for a couple of years.

In the NFL, my favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys. Excuse me for a brief rant. I love the Cowboys in spite of an idiot owner and an extremely over rated quarterback. I agree with some of the Dallas Cowboys players that there should be an open quarterback competiton this year. What do they have to lose? What Dallas really needs to do is to go out and get a real quarterback asap. I think the Cowboys are heading in the wrong direction. The other team I cheer for in the NFL is the Tampa Bay Bucs. They are headed in the right direction. They have a young and hungry team. Josh Freeman will be a great NFL quarterback.

Today is Day 27 of the NFL Greedout. Both sides were in front of a judge yesterday. The judge, Susan Nelson, is going to be making a decision in a few weeks. Judge Nelson take your time. I love that the NFL is being pushed to the back burner. I know this is usually a slow time of the year, but the NFL Draft is in a couple of weeks. That hasn't been getting a lot of press either. I say fans band together and ignore the NFL. Lets make it clear to them they are dependent on us, not that we are dependent on them. Now there are rumors coming out that both sides are wanting to go back to mediation, however now they are arguing about who the mediator will be. Can this get any more ridiculous?

In baseball I cheer for 5 teams, if you want to know why you can read one of my previous blogs. Anyway I cheer for Boston, the Dodgers, the Cubs, the Braves and the Pirates. Really the only two teams I was expecting anything out of this season were the Red Sox and the Braves.

The Red Sox are 0-6 as of today's game. However Boston has looked anemic so far, they've been outscored 38-16 in their 6 games so far. Not only are they being out played but they can't catch a break. Now they have their arch nemesis, the New York Yankees, coming to town. Boston needs to win 2 of 3 of those games and 7 of 10 games on this home stand. That would bring their record to 7-9 after 16 games. That would give them some confidence as they gain cohesiveness. However tomorrow afternoon the Red Sox will have John Lackey pitching for them. That's not a confidence builder for the Red Sox. The Red Sox offense is going to have to score some runs off of Phil Hughes. Is there anyway to say this nicely, Lackey has been a bust.

Do I think the Red Sox season is over? No I expect that the Red Sox will bounce back and make the playoffs. They are just so loaded, have many battle tested players, have a great manager as well as an excellent GM. I still expect the Red Sox to challenge for the World Series. If they end the weekend 0-9 then I'm going to start being worried.

Surprisingly of all my teams, Pittsburgh is the best so far, at least record wise. They are 4-3 and second place in the NL Central. The Cubs, Braves and Dodgers are all at .500 or under. But again the season is still early.

ESPN why did you talk for 10 minutes about the Masters this morning while I was exercising? Please stop! ESPN posted a poll: Who's going to win the Masters: Tiger, Phil or the field. I wish they would have added a 4th option of who cares? I would love to see how the voting works out with that as an option.

Under appreciated songs of the day:

While exercising this morning, these were the first two songs that were played.



Then Amanda Overmyer:



It seems the performances were better in the past. There hasn't been one "AI" performance that I've wanted to buy. I think that says it all about this season.

And one of my all-time favorite songs, this is by Bob Seger:



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites