Monday, April 25, 2011

Point guards continue to rule in the NBA Playoffs, "The Killing" continues to be very good

Hello,

I'm hoping the national nightmare of the Lakers being the NBA champ is over. New Orleans and LA have split 4 games in their best-of-7 series so far. Now do I think the Hornets are going to win this series? No, I certainly don't. Although anything is possible and I like that they are giving the Lakers everything they can handle. Chris Paul was amazing in last night's game, he had his first triple-double of the season. Paul scored 27 points, dished out 15 assists and had 13 rebounds.

The theme of dominant point guards continued in New York City where the Celtics swept the Knicks out of the playoffs. That makes me laugh! I got so sick of the Carmelo Anthony will he or won't he be traded scenario. For some reason most people expected the Knicks to take off. After acquiring the over rated Anthony, the Knicks finished the season 14-18. How did the Nuggets do, they closed out the regular season 18-7. I'd just like to remind you that the Nuggets had homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs last season and lost. If I was the Knicks I'd explore the possibility of trading either Stoudemire or Anthony. They are too similar of players. It's hard to get good offensive flow when their are two players on the team that think they are the man.

Anthony, like Allen Iverson, is one of those players that I never understood why they received so much praise. Why do they get so much love? Like Iverson before him, Anthony isn't going to be winning a NBA title with him as the main man.

Last night aired the 5th episode of AMC's "The Killing", this was probably the weakest of the 5 episodes. It was still very good though, I love the tantalizing hints the show continues to drop. For instance, Bennet Ahmed and Darren Richmond had their arms around each other while filming a commercial for Richmond's campaign. Obviously there's more than a tangential connection between Richmond and the murder.

I still think Rosie's Dad, Stan, killed her. Their were several ambiguous clues that could that could point to him or point away from him. For instance, his breakdown in the bathroom. Was that a sign of loss or guilt? He seems to be ambivalent about helping with the funeral. I know everyone grieves in their own way, but.... I also am still creeped out of the deep sniff he took of his daughter's dress a couple of episodes ago. That was more the smell of a jilted lover than a grieving father.

Other than a twisted incestuous plot, what is Stan's motive? It seems like he has blood on his hands from previous life events.

I know that the writers are pointing the finger at Bennet as the killer, but he's not. It's just too early in the show. He's definitely guilty of something though. And what is up with that Super 8 film that allegedly Rosie filmed? What clues is Lynden seeing in it?

I only have two complaints about the show. 1) Why does it have to rain all the time? 2) I'm tired of the story line of who the mole is in the Richmond campaign. Who cares? That story line is a non story, unless later on it relates directly to the death of Rosie.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites