Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pearl Harbor Attack 70th Anniversary, GN'R in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Hello,

70 years ago today the Japanese launched a surprise attack on America by bombing Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. President Franklin D. Roosevelt called it a "date that will live in infamy". I don't know if that attack was more devastating than the 9/11 attacks, but both are very similar. Both events defined two different generations. Both led to a lot of casualties, deaths and damage. Both also led to wars, with the Pearl Harbor attacks drawing America into World War 2. According to wikipedia.com 2,386 people died in the Pearl Harbor attacks. "18 ships were sunk or run aground, including 5 battleships." (Thanks to wikipedia.com.) As always remember to hug a veteran!

On Saturday night I was watching the BYU-Hawaii game. During the game they showed some of the memorials still reminding us of this tragic day. It was a nice contrast. Watching football, one of the best but most frivolous things of living in America. But contrasting that with all the people that have died in wars so we could enjoy that very frivolous activity.

Speaking of frivolous activity, this is my blog. I realize most everyday how lucky I am that I live in the greatest nation in the world and that I enjoy the kind of life I live. Thanks Veterans!

I learned this morning that Guns N' Roses has been elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I'll be seeing them in concert in 6 days. They might be the first band that I've seen live that's a current Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member. Also congratulations to the Beastie Boys on being elected to the Hall of Fame. I'm not quite sure if I agree with the Red Hot Chili Peppers also going into the Hall of Fame. They do have some good songs, but nowhere as many as GN'R or the Beasties.

Here's a little GN'R music to wake you up this morning:


I love how funky they made the start of this song. As Axl says in his way you can dance to this. The following video has been censored, which I appreciate. I can live without hearing the f bomb ever again.


The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony will be on April 14th, 2012. (Happy Birthday Mom!) This announcement has already started rumors about whether the original lineup will reunite for that night and possibly longer. From all their contention and anger over the years I just don't see that happening. Who knows but I'm sure there will be plenty of drama that night. That actually may be an induction ceremony I'd want to watch.

Damn you iTunes! Yesterday I went to iTunes as, I do every Tuesday, and downloaded some of the free songs they have available every week. While there I noticed they are selling songs for 69c, they have about 300 or 400 songs available at that price for a limited time. I made the mistake of looking through the songs they have available. They have several songs that I don't have in my iTunes. And I had a $10.00 iTunes credit. Guess what I did yesterday morning? Yes, I used up my iTunes gift card. If you are math challenged you can buy 14 .69c songs with $10.00. Here's a selection of some of those songs:

I wrote about this song and how much I liked it just a couple of weeks ago. For only .69c I had to add it to my iTunes. I can't get enough of the "Super Bon Bon". Do I even want to know what that is?


"Headstrong" by Trapt:


Cypress Hill's "Insane In The Brain":


Candlebox "You". Sorry it doesn't seem "Far Behind" is available for .69c.


Jane's Addiction's "Jane Says":


Sorry a video featuring Haddaway singing his one hit has the embedding disabled by request? I'm not sure why because who's thought of this song in the last 10 years? I'm glad the greedy record company is denying me and others from advertising this song for them. Later I found a better version of this song where the embedding isn't disabled by request. But I kept this rant on my blog, because there's no logic in disabling a video's embedding.

Also Haddaway I completely agree just what is love? I'd like to know the answer to that question as well.


Rob Zombie's "More Human Than Human":


Jewel wants to know "Who Will Save Your Soul?":


Okay this is the final song that I'm featuring of the songs I added to iTunes yesterday. It's hard to believe a band that released such an amazing song for their first song went on to make so many crappy songs.


Season 1 finalist of "The Voice" and Utah native Dia Frampton released a CD yesterday. It's entitled "Red". The song that's getting the most exposure is this song "The Broken Ones":


I've been listening to Dia Frampton on Spotify and I quite like her. "Red" is a good CD and a lot of good songs are on that CD. I didn't call "Red" her debut CD, she also released a couple of CDs with Meg Frampton. Those CDs are titled "Something Real" and "Here, Here and Here". I highly suggest you check out all those CDs, which you can listen to free right now on Spotify. There are a lot of good songs on the three CDs and I can see Frampton's growth on "Red".

To give you a little flavor of Meg and Dia Frampton's earlier music, here are a couple of songs. This is "Black Wedding":


This is "Bored of Your Love":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites