Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tony Romo's Injured Hand: Does It Matter?

Hello,

All the talk about Tony Romo's injured hand has honestly cracked me up. Will he be able to play? Will the Cowboys go out and sign a veteran quarterback? In other words a quarterback that hasn't played in the NFL this year. I wracked my brain about which veteran quarterback they could sign. JaMarcus Russell? Or could you imagine seeing Brett Favre in Cowboys blue? Stay retired Brett. It cracks me up because all these things don't matter, the Cowboys are going to choke no matter what happens. There's a reason that the Cowboys have only won 1 playoff game in the last 15 years. There's a reason that Tony Romo has only won 1 playoff game in his time in Dallas.

That leads me to this, it's time to completely blow up the Cowboys. It's time to make significant changes instead of making a few minor, cosmetic changes. I'm tired of seeing the occasional flashes of brilliance in the midst of so much mediocrity. The Dallas Cowboys Top 5 needs: 1) A qualified general manager. 2) A head coach that can bring some life to this moribund franchise. 3) A defensive coordinator that can actually coach a defense. 4) A real quarterback that will actually take the Cowboys to the next level. It's time to give up on the Tony Romo experiment. 5) The Cowboys need to go out and get some players to be able to make the above 4 steps possible.

I'd love to see the Cowboys be relevant in the NFL discussion again. I'll believe that the Cowboys are serious about significant changes when they find a way to get Andrew Luck.

From one mission impossible to another mission impossible. I watched "Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol" on the IMAX screen yesterday. Originally I had no desire to see this movie, however after reading some positive reviews I really wanted to see it. It turned out to be okay. There are a lot of cool things about it. Seeing Tom Cruise running sideways on the tallest building in the world was cool. Hearing that amazing theme song amped up is cool. The stirring music of Russia is awesome.

This is one of the modern versions of the "Mission Impossible" theme:


Some of the music from Russia:


"Kremlin With Anticipation":


However overall it's a movie I could have lived without seeing. I'd give "MI4" a B-. I'm not real excited about any of the movies out this Christmas season. "War Horse" looks incredibly sappy and I'm afraid the movie is going to play with my emotions. "Tintin" and "Chipwrecked" are kids movies and with my kids I've seen so many boring movies. I'm sort of burned out of those. For instance, "Hugo" comes with great reviews. Too bad it's incredibly boring and way too long.

Other Christmas movies: "Sherlock Holmes": yawn. "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo": I loved the books. I can handle all the gore and sex when reading about it, but I don't want to see that on the big screen. "New Years Eve": I haven't heard anything good about it. The only other movie I might want to see is "The Darkest Hour". Not that I think it will be good, but because it seems like it's one of those movies I can go and turn my brain off and enjoy some explosions.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites