Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday Night Football or "Terra Nova", Enjoying the Tim Tebow train derailing

Hello,

I wasn't able to watch the Denver-New England game yesterday, but I followed it online. I admit I was glad that the Tim Tebow train crashed. I enjoyed watching the highlights this morning on ESPN, for the Broncos they were lowlights. The allegedly mobile Tebow was sacked 4 times. That includes a hilarious him running the wrong way to escape pressure which resulted in a 28 yard sack. Have you ever heard of a 28 yard sack before? Tim just throw the ball away. Is he believing all the hype about how great of a player he is? I'm guessing he was under the impression that he would escape and make a spectacular play. Welcome to the NFL Tim.

Again his stats were mediocre. Besides the 4 sacks he only completed half of his 22 passes. He threw for 194 yards with a 80.5 quarterback rating. Again those are mediocre stats that show how much he's a creature of hype. Sarcasm alert: the amazing Tim Tebow also had two fumbles, including losing one. The fumble that he lost he didn't even go after and try to recover. I know that Tim Tebow also runs for a lot of yards. And for a quarterback he's very good at that, he had 12 carries and 93 yards yesterday. But at the end of the day does he really have the tools to be a top flight NFL quarterback? I still say "no".

It looks quite likely that the Broncos will make the playoffs as they play in the underachieving AFC West. They definitely have their destiny in their own hands and at this point of the season that's all you can ask for. They play two sub .500 teams to close out their regular season. Most of the NFL games are on Saturday, Christmas Eve, this week. Buffalo that would be a nice Christmas present if you could beat Denver on Saturday.

Thank you again New England for beating Denver and temporarily derailing the Tebow train. Let's hope this is the beginning of the end for the Tebow train. I'm chuckling at that 28 yard sack still.

Tonight I have a tough decision. Should I watch the two part season finale of "Terra Nova" or Monday Night Football? "Terra Nova" for the most part has been a disappointment. Tonight's finale seems like it could be full of cliches and also very predictable. This show has cool characters and the dinosaurs are amazing. But the stories are lame. The Taylor Father-Son dynamic is very boring. The battle with the Sixers is also boring. It's obvious who's going to win that battle. Also people will come from 2149 and try to take over Terra Nova for their own purposes. I know we are suppose to be in agony wondering if Taylor et al. can fight off the intruders. Come on, is there any doubt who's going to win. I also wouldn't be surprised that some of the Sixers join the Terra Novans to repel the people from the future.

So although I'm not expecting too much from tonight's finale, I will probably watch it in the next day or two. All I ask is that it not be as stupid as the Season One finale for "The Killing". In spite of "Terra Nova" having some good things about it, I think that Fox it's time to pull the plug on this experiment. At the end of the day this isn't much better than an average show.

Also tonight is the Monday Night Football matchup between San Francisco and Pittsburgh. It should be quite a battle. With the Dallas Cowboys fighting to make the playoffs and Tampa Bay crashing, San Francisco is my lone team with a chance to do some damage in the NFL playoffs. I'd feel a lot more confident about their chances if they can beat the Steelers tonight. This is a very good Pittsburgh team.

Between "Terra Nova" and Monday Night Football, I'm not sure which one I'll be watching. I guess that it will work out that I'll probably watch some of both. I think the San Francisco-Pittsburgh matchup has the potential to be much more entertaining.

Thanks to my friends at Spotify, I've really been enjoying Pia Frampton's music lately. Her post- "The Voice" CD "Red" is fairly good. But when that finishes playing and Spotify continues on to her earlier music I suggest you continue listening. Her previous music is also quite good. I like a lot of music she made with Meg Frampton. Pia definitely has a lot of talent and I expect we'll be seeing a lot of her over the next several years.

Okay here are some songs that have caught my attention lately.

"Don't Shoot Shotgun":


"Bad Romance" live:


From the amazing "Evita" soundtrack this is "Rainbow Tour". I'm sorry to say this is the last relevant thing Madonna has done.


There's so much joy in this song:


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites