Friday, April 13, 2012

I Just Don't Get It: Why all the love for the Goyte Song?

Hello,

Just exactly what's the appeal of this song? Please someone explain it to me. This video has had 156 million views on youtube.com. The music is boring, the lyrics are more mumbled than sung and this video is pointless. The second half of the song is more interesting than the first half, but how are you able to stay awake through the first half?



And why is this dynamic song sung by two incredible voices not a worldwide hit? The amazing Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli's "Time To Say Goodbye":



Is there any chance that this movie will be good?



How about this one?



I could barely get through the previews for "The Three Stooges". I think I'm going to take my two oldest boys to see this movie tonight:



Did I hear this song in the background in the above preview? Either I heard "New World Order" or a song that sounds a lot like it. This song, which is much better than "Somebody I Used To Know", only has 70,000 views.



themusicaddict

1 comment:

Justin M said...

I was flipping channels the other day and came across one of the video stations playing "Somebody That I Used To Know". It was the first time i had seen the video and loved both it and the song. I'm surprised you didn't like it more since the reason i liked it was that it reminded me of something you would have seen and heard in the 80s. Goyte's voice on this track reminds me of Sting's voice on Synchronicity. I heard the song playing several more times over the weekend and enjoyed it every time
.

Favorites