Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ron Artest: 7 game suspension, Utah Jazz, "Smash" episode "Publicity"

Hello,

The NBA announced yesterday that Ron Artest will be suspended for 7 games. He'll be suspended for their regular season game Thursday night against the Sacramento Kings. That game is meaningless pretty much in every way, except that Kobe may be going after the scoring title.  After that Artest will miss 6 playoff games. It looks like the Lakers will play the Mavericks or Nuggets in the first round of the playoffs. I was hoping that the Lakers would have to play Memphis in the first round. Memphis is a damn good team and could beat the Lakers. I don't think either the Nuggets or the Mavericks are going to beat the Lakers. Of course, I thought the same thing about the Mavericks last season, but then they steamrolled the Lakers. However that was a much different Mavericks team. Please anyone but the Lakers. I'm so tired of them, Kobe and all the superstar calls he gets.

The Utah Jazz clinched the Western Conference's 8th seed last night by beating the Suns 100-88. It's good, I guess, that the Jazz qualified for the playoffs. But in the end will it matter any when they get swept out of the playoffs by either the Spurs or the Thunder? I love Al Jefferson's enthusiasm and how he's talking about how the Jazz are going to "shock the world". I'm not sure what he means by that. But the Jazz are the 8th seeded playoff team for a reason. However a deep playoff run won't happen for the Jazz this season, in fact I'd be a bit shocked if the Jazz are even able to win a playoff game at all.

Of course I'll still be cheering for the Jazz, they will always be my favorite NBA team. This year my second favorite team will be whoever plays the Lakers in the first round. Again I'm looking forward to this year's NBA playoffs, there will be some great games. There are probably at least 4 teams that can win a NBA title this season.

Now after I write a few sentences it's probably going to seem like I hate the TV show "Smash". However I don't, but there are some deeply unsatisfying things about it. First of all why is Leo even on the show? I mean what's the point. What does he add to the show? The alleged drama about him missing I know is suppose to be exciting. But I couldn't care less if he came back, in fact I didn't want him to come back.

Also Ellis is a scumbag. With a new show runner coming aboard for Season Two, I hope his role is minimize or eliminated. I've written about this before and I know jerk characters are suppose to create tension and make the show more interesting. Does that really have to be case?

Also I'm so tired of Ivy Lynn's doing anything to win the role of Marilyn Monroe. She aligned herself with Ellis, temporarily that might be a "good" thing. But in the long run I think that will come back and bite her. Ellis only cares about one thing: Ellis. She got Karen to go home and has won for now, but I have a feeling that Karen "Iowa" Cartright will come out on top eventually. Although Ivy (Megan Hilty) sounded pretty good on "Second Hand White Baby Grand":



One person for sure that won't is Rebecca Duvall. I'm glad her 5 episode arc is coming to an end. Next week they'll be in Boston for the practice run. Is that where she'll explode and the role can rightfully go to either Cartwright or Lynn?

Speaking of people's stories coming to an end, it's about time for Dev to go away. At first I liked his character, but he's become boring now. Again the story lines of Dev and Leo point to the main weakness of this show. When this show focuses on the personal lives of the characters, the show grinds near to a stop. If they really must focus on the characters personal lives, I wish they would take a few pointers from "The Good Wife". That show is equally interesting whether dealing with the law and the characters personal lives.

If I never have to see Leo, Ellis, Dev or Ivy ever again I'll be fine with that.

The "Smash" soundtrack will be released on May 1st, this Tuesday. It looks like a pretty good selection, but why do they have the Nick Jonas song in it?

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites