Monday, September 10, 2012

Is "Revolution" The New "Lost", Does It Really Want To Be?

Hello,

Thanks to the people over at Comcast I was able to see the series premiere of "Revolution". It's yet another show trying desperately to be the new "Lost". "Revolution" is a little more obvious about it though. The opening scene features Elizabeth Mitchell who plays Rachel Mathenson. Mitchell played Juliet on "Lost". The action then moves ahead 15 years later. Mitchell's character we are led to believe is dead. But is she really? I can almost hear the eerie "Lost" music.

There are only two reasons to have a fairly big name like Elizabeth Mitchell be in your series. Either to draw viewers or possibly to pass the torch to another show. I've noticed with modern television nothing is what it seems. I have a feeling we'll be seeing Elizabeth Mitchell sometime in this series. I would expect sooner rather than later.

Sorry for the digression, so what did I think of "Revolution". Honestly I quite liked it. It started out a little bit slow, but that's understandable as the story is being set up and the characters are being introduced. I think the show has a lot of potential as long as it doesn't get too weird like "Lost" did. I like many of the characters, although I do laugh that so many attractive people survive the apocalypse.

I wished last night that I could watch a second episode of "Revolution". I've been thinking a lot about it.

A few months ago I started watching "Lost" and I immediately fell in love with it and Kate of course. This show has so many great characters. But the show really hit a slow patch in the 4th season and I gave up watching it. However I've often wondered how does the show end, I don't want to stumble across something that gives me the end. I was at the library and saw they had season 5, but I couldn't remember where I had stopped watching the show. I grabbed it and went home and watched the review of the first four seasons and realized I had stopped somewhere in the 4th season. I missed why and how the Oceanic 6 got home.

But I didn't have Season 4 of "Lost" and I was in the mood though to watch "Lost". So I watched the first episode of Season 5 and honestly I was bored. Just some of the later characters are boring. Every time the character Daniel Faraday comes on screen, to me the show just stops. Also the show just gets too cute for it's own good. In spite of my reservations I still plan on slogging the about 2.5 seasons of "Lost". I hope it gets better than where I left off with it.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites