Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Circa Zero: The Band That Sounds Similar To U2, Although They Feature a Former Member of the Police

Hello,

I've been working through all the songs on my iTunes that have never been played. One of those songs was Circa Zero's "Levitation". What a great song! Also in the Classic Rock magazine I finished reading recently they mention Circa Zero. In fact Classic Rock has a review of their recent CD "Circus Hero", they give it a 7 of 10 rating.  According to their rating system, that's rated as "Good". In my opinion Classic Rock should have given the CD a 8 of 10 rating, which is "very good". Finally, with thanks to my friends over at Rdio, I was able to listen to "Circus Hero". Thankfully a CD that has many more good songs than just one.

The band is made up of Andy Summers, guitarist for The Police. They are a band I'm very familiar with, I've been listening to their music since I was a punk teenager. The other member of the band is former Rescues lead singer Rob Giles. I'm not going to lie to you, but I had never heard of the Rescues. Giles voice has a very similar sounding voice to Bono, which gives their band a bit of a U2 sound. They also added a drummer for at least one live performance. I don't hear the Police sound much at all. Take that for what it's worth.

Here are some of my favorite songs off "Circus Hero":

The driving song "Levitation":



"The Story Ends Here":



"Whenever You Hear The Rain" (I do hear a bit of The Police in this song, similar to "Every Breath You Take") :



And here's the track by track preview of all 13 songs on "Circus Hero":



Sadly I couldn't find a video for the driving funk song "Gamma Ray" or the very good "Underground".

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites