Thursday, September 25, 2014

Facebook Challenge: The 10 (or so) CDs That Shaped My Life.


Hello,

Coming next is part 2 of themusicaddict's Top 100 songs of 1984. But I was challenged on Facebook to create a list of 10 CD's that shaped my life. I'm not very good at following instructions and I couldn't delete any of these great CDs. Thus I ended up with a baker's dozen of CDs that shaped my life.

I was never very good at following instructions. So my Top 10 turned into a baker's dozen. I just couldn't figure out 3 CDs that I could delete. I'm also listing the time of my life each CD was most influential.

Milli Vanilli's "Girl You Know It's True" (okay kidding, but still one of my favorite 80's CDs.

1) Def Leppard's "Pyromania" (post mission life)
2) Motley Crue's "Dr. Feelgood" (post mission life)
3) Garth Brooks "No Fences" (first real girlfriend)
4) Ozzy Osbourne's "Ultimate Sin" (first time away from home, Ricks College)
5) Madonna's "Like A Virgin" (high school)
6) Michael Jackson's "Thriller" (high school)
7) "Footloose" Soundtrack (high school)
8) "Pretty In Pink" Soundtrack (high school)
9) Pearl Jam's "Vs." (pre-marriage life)
10) TMBG's "Flood" (pre-marriage life)
11) Prince's "Purple Rain" Soundtrack (high school)
12) Alanis Morrissette's "Jagged Little Pill" (pre-marriage life)
13) Bruce Springsteen's "The Rising", the greatest 9/11 CD ever and perhaps The Boss's best CD ever. Every song is a classic or should be a classic.

The first sign of being old is to say music was better was back in the day. It's true that I'm both old and that music was better back in the day.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites