Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Looking For A Job, A Few Things I'm Not Writing About Today

Hello,

Today is the fourth day that I've been unemployed. I've been busy the last several days looking for a job. This past Friday, September 5th, was the last day of my job at Ambassador Bookstores. It was a great job, although it didn't pay enough. However I did have a lot of freedom in doing what I wanted to do at work and I loved having 3 day weekends.

Now unfortunately it's back to reality in searching for jobs. I'm sure I'll be paid a lot less and have to work Saturdays and Sundays again, although I'll definitely keep Sundays to a minimum hopefully. I also was reminded of how much work it takes to actually find a job, there are so many hoops to jump through in finding a new job. Although I've been looking for a job for only about 10 days now, I'm glad that I have had multiple companies that have been interested in me. Any and all potential jobs are on the table now. I don't have the luxury to saying no to any job, but that doesn't mean I have to stay with that job if it's inadequate. Honestly I think I'd have a job by now if I hadn't had prior obligations from my former job and other job interviews. I've certainly been blessed in looking for a job this go around. Now at 47 I hope I can find a job that I can work at for the next 20 years or so.

Things I'm not writing about today.

Sports: The dismantling of what use to be the premier NFL franchise continues in Dallas. One of the worst and most deluded owners in NFL history continues to tear down the Dallas Cowboys. Through Jerruh's own incompetence and poor decisions the Cowboys are only a shadow of their former selves. The 49ers absolutely dominated the Cowboys in this past Sunday's game. The final score 28-17 doesn't indicate accurately how dominating the 49ers performance was. Actually it should have been more of a blowout as the 49ers are everything the Cowboys aren't. In today's ESPN NFL Power Rankings they list Dallas at #27 of 32 teams. In what looks like it's going to be a down year for the NFC East, the New York Giants are 26th and the Washington Redskins are 28th place. It looks to be Philadelphia's division to win. While it's true they allowed 17 quick points in their first game, the Eagles came back and scored 34 straight points. ESPN has Philadelphia ranked as the NFL's #4 team.

While the Eagles have moved on from Andy Reid and Michael Vick, the Cowboys have stayed with Jason Garrett and Tony Romo. The results speak for themselves.

I've enjoyed BYU's 2-0 start on this college football season, including their dominating victory over Texas in Texas. Although I didn't get overly excited about that game, obviously this Texas team isn't the Longhorns of old. But I think Charlie Strong has the Longhorns on the right path. I certainly have a lot more faith in Strong than the incompetent owner in Dallas. But I'm glad that Bronco Mendenhall has the Cougars on the right path and further along the right path. This seems like it's going to be a very fun season for the Cougars. Due to their incredibly weak schedule BYU could go undefeated this season. If they do though that would owe more to that weak schedule than the actual quality of BYU's team. Don't get me wrong BYU has a good team, I just wish they had a more challenging schedule.

I'm looking forward to going to BYU's home opener on Thursday with my oldest boy, BYU is taking on the high scoring Cougars of Houston.

Television:

I watched the first two episodes of "House of Cards" and I wasn't impressed. I don't need the reminder of how slimy Washington D.C. politics can be,  I already have enough reminders of that via the news. This is one house I don't need to visit any more.

I continue to enjoy "Star Trek: Enterprise". It's mostly a good show, although it can vary wildly in quality from episode to episode. Although this crew can beam people to various places, the technology is still a little iffy. The crew isn't real keen on using it as of yet for their transportation, they still use shuttle craft to get to other ships and the worlds they visit.

I'm sad that I missed this show the first time around, but thanks to Netflix I can watch it now.

Music:

A blast from the past, The Lighting Seeds "Pure":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites