Wednesday, September 24, 2014

themusicaddict's Top 100 songs of 1984, Part 1 #'s 100-92

Hello,

As I mentioned previously, my thanks to Rolling Stone magazine and bobborst.com for coming up with this list. Rolling Stone released their list on September 17th, 2014, I took their list and created my own list. Nineteen songs from Rolling Stone's list didn't make it on my personal Top 100, those 19 songs are mentioned in my previous blog. Thanks to the bobborst.com website for providing me with the rest of these songs. That is except for Julie Brown's "Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun". I thought it came out in 1984 and I Googled it and sure enough it did. The number/letters in parenthesis indicate where the song is ranked on Rolling Stone's Top 100 list. NR = not rated

100) Julie Brown's "Homecoming Queen Has Got A Gun": (NR)


99) James Ingram and Michael McDonald's "Ya Mo B There": (NR)


98) Stevie Wonder's "I Just Called To Say I Love You": (NR) You can't go wrong with a Stevie Wonder song! And may I say Kelly LeBrock was hawt back in the day! From the movie "The Woman In Red".



Your faithful blogger is here to watch bad movies to save you time from also watching them. I watched "Woman In Red" last night. Not only isn't it good, but it's also very dated. It feels like an 80's movie in every sense of that word. Stevie Wonder wrote and performed the music for this movie, which was a waste of his considerable talents. Dionne Warwick also sang on some of the songs. Although it did produce the great song "I Just Called To Say I Love You", and if nothing else Kelly LeBrock is gorgeous in it. 

97) Midnight Stars' "No Parking On The Dance Floor": (70)


96) Tommy Shaw's "Girls With Guns" (92)


95) John Lennon's "Nobody Told Me": (82) Great song, but why has it been forgotten? I constantly listen to 80's music, but haven't thought of this song in several years. 


94) Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl": (75) This is the worst case of white dude dancing that I've ever seen.



93) Bon Jovi's "Runaway" (94) Just a couple of years later with the release of "Slippery When Wet" Bon Jovi was the biggest band in the country.


92) The Pointer Sisters "Jump (For My Love)": (87)


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites