Monday, September 1, 2014

themusicaddict's Things I'm Not Writing About Today, September 1st, 2014

Hello,

-Did you know iTunes will only keep track of only 32,000 songs? Once iTunes reaches 32,000 songs I'm not sure what happens to the songs. Does iTunes randomly take off songs, or do they stay on iTunes? I was more than a little disappointed when I found this out. As long as one's hard drive can hold the songs, iTunes should be able to keep track of them.

-I recently saw the new "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", starring Megan Fox. It was decent, but probably a movie better suited to watch on video. The thing that struck me the most was how much work Fox had preformed on her. It seems she had cheek bone implants and her lips were almost ridiculously big. I don't know a lot about plastic surgery, but doesn't she seem a bit young for that. I don't think it helped her be more attractive, but actually detracted from her appearance.

- I watched "Draft Day" last night and it was pretty good. The movie obviously stars Kevin Costner and Jennifer Garner. I don't know if Garner has had any work done, but she looks much more natural than Fox. Garner is aging gracefully and still has killer legs. Hollywood beauties I recommend you follow the path of Garner than Fox.

Anyway this was a good movie and a good inside look at the NFL Draft. I laughed that the coach that Denis Leary played had previously won one Super Bowl in Dallas. I wondered how much this character was based on Barry Switzer? I also loved how Leary's character about the Cowboys being good. Um, I could tell this was fiction as the Cowboys haven't been good for about 18 years now. And this season Dallas will be hitting new lows as Jerry Jones continues to run his own team into the ground. What once was the NFL's preeminent franchise is now a very expensive laughingstock of the league.

- I liked "The Tyrant" quite a bit through the first 9 episodes, however the 10th episode and finale was awful. Going with the story line that Barry would overthrow Abbudin's government was misguided at best. Nowhere is that more obvious than the season finale. After that disastrous episode I don't even care if this show has a second season. I could care less if Jamal decides to kill Barry or not, yawn.

- I will miss "Longmire", which has been cancelled by A&E after 3 years. That was a good show and had such a great cast. If another station picks it up for a fourth season, I'll continue to watch it.

- After finishing "The Martian", the next book I'm reading is Julie C. Gilbert's "Ashlynn's Dreams". A review will be coming soon.

- My last day at my job is Thursday, September 4th. I have a small bookstore to prepare to send everything out. Then after that I'll be looking for a job. This blog may be a little hit and miss over the next few weeks, my apologies.

themusicaddict


No comments:

Favorites