Saturday, September 27, 2014

themusicaddict's Top 100 Songs of 1984 Part 4 #'s 65-56

Hello,

As I mentioned previously, my thanks to Rolling Stone magazine and bobborst.com for inspiring this list. Rolling Stone released their list on September 17th, 2014, I took their list and created my own list. Nineteen songs from Rolling Stone's list didn't make it on my personal Top 100, those 19 songs are mentioned in the first blog in this series of blogs. Thanks to the bobborst.com website for reminding me about the rest of these songs. That is except for Julie Brown's "Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun". I thought it came out in 1984 and I Googled it and sure enough it did. The number/letters in parenthesis indicate where the song ranks on Rolling Stone's Top 100 list. NR = not rated

65) Culture Club's "Karma Chameleon" (22):


64) The Romantics "Talking In Your Sleep": (35):


63) Bruce Springsteen "Dancing In The Dark": (33) Yes, that's the lovely Miss Courtney Cox he brings up on the stage at the end of the video.


62) John Mellencamp's "Pink Houses": (60)


61) The Pointer Sisters' "Automatic": (31) Sung by Ruth Pointer.


60) The Thompson Twins "Hold Me Now": (26) I love the Thompson Twins, one of my favorite bands of the 80s. I also love "Hold Me Now", what a great song. However 1984 is so deep with great music that "Hold Me Now" is only my 60th favorite song of that year.


59 Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher" (68) I'm sure many students thought what David Lee Roth sang "What do you think the teachers going to look like this year?"



58) Eurythmics "Here Comes The Rain Again": (46)


57) Philip Bailey and Phil Collins' "Easy Lover": (42)


56) Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It": (72)


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites