Monday, January 19, 2015

themusicaddict's 2000th Published Blog: Things I've Learned Over The Years and Favorite Songs (Partial Blog)

Hello,

This is my 2000th published blog, I have a couple of blogs that are started but probably will never be finished. I wrote my first blog on April 12th, 2008, that blog's topic was wondering if and when Guns N' Roses "Chinese Democracy" would ever be released. It was finally released 21/2 years later on November 23rd, 2008. "Chinese Democracy" was released to mixed reviews, personally I think that CD is better than most people do. I love the industrial rock song "Better". Not that anyone cares any more but Guns N' Axl is claiming they are working on their next CD. Don't hold your breath.

To this date the Guns N' Roses entry has had no recorded visits. Youtube was around then- their site debuted on February 14th, 2005. But for some reason I didn't add any videos to that blog, I'm sure I knew of Youtube's existence but I didn't add any videos to that blog. On July 2nd, 2013 I went back and worked more on that blog, including adding some videos.

And to clarify when I say partial blogs, I'm referring to blogs that have never been published. I have a few blogs that partial, but I have them published. That includes my Greatest Songs of All-Time blog. It will probably take at least a year to even begin to start paring down that blog. I have no idea how I'm going to make that so it's a coherent 500 best songs of all-time blog.

Anyway I want to write up a list of some of the things that I've learned over the years I've been writing this blog. I'll be mixing in great songs with the things I've learned.

1) Speaking of Youtube, it's one of the sites I use the most for the purposes of enhancing this blog. The other 3 sites I use the most to help me write this blog is Wikipedia, Rdio and amazon.com. A shout out to all of them and thanks for their help.

Tenacious D "Tribute" (File this under songs that are much better than the band that recorded it.):



2) I've learned more about music. Sometimes I've been forced to go a bit out of my comfort zone, for the most part that has been good. I've discovered a lot of great music that way. For instance, before starting my blog I had no idea that Tchaikovsky wrote both the "1812 Overture" and music for "The Nutcracker".

Oasis "Wonderwall":



3) Thanks specifically to the Greatest Songs of All-Time blog I've been working through all the songs I have on my iTunes. The last few months I've been listening to songs based on the longest time ago they were played. The longest ago song a song was played on my iTunes was December 18th, 2012. This has been a great thing. Not only have I rediscovered great songs, but I've also discovered lame songs that I've been able to delete. Songs that aren't worthy of taking up space on my MacBook's hard drive.

Fytch, Captain Crunch and Carmen Forbes "Raindrops" is one of those great songs, it was a song hidden on my own iTunes since September, 2012. I'd only heard this great song 4 times before rediscovering it the other day.


Alanis Morissette "You Oughta Know": (I jumped on the Alanis bandwagon almost from the beginning, but I don't remember ever seeing this video.)


Led Zeppelin "Kashmir":



Bee Gees "Tragedy":



Murray Head's "One Night In Bangkok":


Thanks for reading,

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites