Wednesday, January 28, 2015

themusicaddict's Greatest Songs of Anita Baker

Hello,

Anita Denise Baker was born January 26th, 1958. A belated happy birthday Anita! According to Wikipedia, Baker has won 8 Grammy awards, has 5 platinum albums and 1 gold album to her credit. Much as with the greatest songs of Joan Osborne, most of the songs in this blog come from one CD. For Baker that CD is the fantastic "Rapture". I consider each of the 8 songs from that CD as a Baker greatest song. In my Greatest CDs of All-Time series I wrote about "Rapture" on January 6th, 2014. It seems there's something about January that puts me in an Anita Baker mood. (Thanks to Wikipedia)

Now let's get to the music.

"Watch Your Step":


"You Bring Me Joy":


"Caught Up In The Rapture":


"Been So Long":


"No One In The World":


"Same Ole Love (365 Days A Week)":


"Giving You The Best I Got":


"Mystery":



"Sweet Love":



"Good Love":



"Just Because":


themusicaddict

1 comment:

Justin M said...

Rapture is one of my all time favorites as well.

Favorites