Sunday, January 25, 2015

themusicaddict's Greatest Songs of Joan Osborne

Hello,

Joan Osborne was born on July 8th, 1962. Osborne is most well known for the song "One of Us", but in no way is that her only good song. "One of Us" comes off the CD "Relish", which is one of the most under appreciated CDs of the last several years. This blog is "Relish" heavy, but I've found plenty of other great songs of hers from other CDs. Besides original songs, Osborne also does a lot of covers. She's always respectful of the original, but she adds her own spin to each cover she does. Almost all of her covers are great, but I'm only going to include a few here. If you want to experience more of her covers, check out her CDs "Breakfast In Bed" and "How Sweet It Is".

Ms. Osborne's latest work is last spring's "Love And Hate". "Thirsty For My Tears" and "Up All Night" are two of the songs on that CD.

This are those songs that I think are the greatest songs of Joan Osborne as determined by my ears.

"Crazy Baby":


"One of Us":


"Right Hand Man":

    

"St. Teresa": (A slightly different take on the original.)


"Man In The Long Black Coat":


"Spider Web":


"Ladder":


"Pensacola":


"Dracula Moon":


"Lumina":



"Let's Just Get Naked":



"Cathedrals":



"Who Divided":



"Up All Night":



"Thirsty For My Tears":



"I'll Be Around" (I love her voice on this song):



"I've Got To Use My Imagination":



"Breakfast In Bed":


"Spooky":


"Flyaway":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites