Thursday, January 8, 2015

themusicaddict's Greatest Hits of Gavin DeGraw


Hello,

As I've been working on my greatest songs of all-time blog, a project I work a bit more on each day, I'm obviously compiling lists of great songs by artists. So I've decided to take some of these lists and convert them into their own stand alone blogs.

For these stand alone blogs I just don't write down the hits, I do some research and listen to a bunch of their other songs. I like listening to their original albums, because that's usually when a band was at it's creative peak. It's usually those CDs where the obscure great songs are going to come from. Thanks to Rdio for giving me the ability to listen to all this great music for such an affordable price. Of course I also listen to my personal collection of music.

I'm going to define what I mean by "greatest hit", I mean the absolute great songs of any musician. If a song got popular, but I don't like that song, for the purposes of this blog that's not a hit. If a great song is obscure and I've only heard it because of fate then that's a great song. Some bands, like Led Zeppelin and Pearl Jam will probably have multiple blogs dedicated to all their great songs. Whereas a band like Nickelback, if I ever write that blog, would only have 3 or 4 songs on it. They aren't the most creative and talented musicians, but did have a couple of great songs at the beginning of their career. However they've been derivative of their own sound, which is derivative of thousands of better bands before them. They are standing on the shoulders of the rock geniuses that came before them.

I did mention that I was going to write about John Mellencamp for my next greatest hits. But I realized I had focused on 80's musicians too much. I wanted to go poppier and more recent which is why I settled on Gavin Degraw. Enjoy!

"Soldier":


"Finest Hour":


"In Love With A Girl":


"Fire"


"Not Over You":


"Best I Ever Had":


"Chariot":


"I Don't Want To Be":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites