Saturday, November 21, 2015

Davis High's 2015 Excellent Performance of "Les Mis"

Hello,

I had the privilege of going to see "Les Mis" with my daughter and her friend last night at Davis High in Kaysville, Utah. I consider myself a "Les Mis" snob, which is why I mock the very average movie, but thoroughly enjoyed last night's performance at Davis High. Although the whole cast was very good I would like to highlight five of the performances.  Niall Thorley was great at Jean Valjean. In a not very big role Josh Downs stood out at as The Bishop of Digne. Aubrey Bell stood out for her full fleshed performance as Fantine, her performance really shows the pain Fantine suffers. And a hat raised to our favorite despicable couple the Thenardiers. It seems both Seth Callor and Nicole Hess enjoyed so much playing this lovable, despicable twosome.

Tonight is the last performance, check it out if you can get tickets.

Sadly, I couldn't find any videos of this year's performance. This is from the same high school, but in 2008.

"The Confrontation":


"Prologue":


"One Day More":


From the 10th anniversary performance at Royal Albert Hall, Ruthie Henshall singing "I Dreamed A Dream":



From London West End 2008 performance: "At The End of the Day":



This is probably my favorite ever performance of "Stars", Mr. Norm Lewis:



"Who Am I":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites