Monday, November 16, 2015

themusicaddict's Favorite Long Songs (Updated and Finished November 16th, 2015)

Hello,

These are some of my favorite long songs and I'll probably be doing a long song blog for songs of Meat Loaf, Neil Young and other bands that have several great long songs. My working definition of long song is at least 7:00, number in parenthesis is how long the song is.

First up, the greatest band of all-time, Led Zeppelin. "Stairway To Heaven" is a great song, but am I the only one who thinks it gets played too much? I didn't think so, so here's "Since I've Been Loving You" (7:27):


Don McLean's "American Pie" (8:31):


The Doors "When The Music's Over" (10:56):


The Doors "The End" (11:48):


Guns N' Roses "November Rain" (9:07):


Pink Floyd's "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (10:01):


Going truly old school here, Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" (15:08):



Queensryche "Suite Sister Mary" (10:22):



Metallica "One" (7:45):



Iron Maiden's "Hallowed Be Thy Name" (7:12):



The Who "Won't Get Fooled Again" (8:33):



B.B. King "Why I Sing The Blues" 8:32):



Billy Joel "Goodnight Saigon" (7:17):



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites