Friday, November 27, 2015

Songs on themusicaddict's Radar November 27th, 2015 (Started November 27th, 2015)

Hello,

Sadly Rdio.com has announced that they've sold most of their "key assets" to Pandora and will be closing down. I have a few weeks to find a new music streaming service to supplement my iTunes library. Rdio shutting down is making me very sad. I loved everything about that streaming site, I loved the low cost, how easy it is to use, it's wide selection and how it let me know about new music by artists that I love. Thanks Rdio for letting me listen to the new Vamps CD and also the "Doctor Zhivago" Original Broadway Cast album. Reviews of both coming soonish.

There are a lot of music streaming options. I have an amazon.com Prime membership, but it only has one million songs available now. I know how ridiculous this sounds, but that's just not a whole lot of songs. Thus I know at least one more music streaming service. Right now I'm checking out Google Play, which I've previously used. It has thirty million songs available and one of the bands I've discovered on there was Sheppard, who I've previously written about. Another band I've discovered is Mister Wives.

First up a triple play by Misterwives, "Hurricane":


"Not Your Way":


"Reflections":


The Foo Fighters have recorded a 5 song EP titled "Saint Cecelia", which is available free at amazon.com, Google Play, foofighters.com and probably a bunch of other places. My favorite song on the CD is the title track "Saint Cecelia":


Here's the actual 19 minute EP:


A double shot from Tracy Champman, "Telling Stories":



"Bang Bang Bang":



Another double shot, this one from Run-D.M.C. ""What It's All About":



"Papa Crazy":



From one of Tears For Fears lesser known albums "The Hurting", this is "Memories Fade":



Hollywood Vampires' "Raise The Dead":



My Chemical Romance' "Bulletproof Heart":



Shinedown's "Cut The Cord":



No Doubt's "Looking Hot":



To be continued......

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites