Friday, November 13, 2015

themusicaddict Wonders Is The Original Lineup of Guns N' Roses Really Going To Reunite: Suggested Setlist Songs

Hello,

The first blog I ever wrote was about when would Guns N' Roses release the long awaited follow up to the "Use Your Illusion" twin CDs. They did and that CD was "Chinese Democracy", which was a decent but also slightly disappointing addition to the G N' R discography.

It's been a great year in concerts for me, in the last several months I've been able to see Motley Crue, Alice Cooper (who was surprisingly very good) Def Leppard, Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin and -one of these is not like the others- The Band Perry. I've long ago given up on a Led Zeppelin reunion and up to yesterday I had done the same about the original Guns N' Roses lineup. I love G N' R so much that I'd even seen the Axl Rose only Guns N' Roses back in 2011. That was good, but nothing matches the quality and danger of the original lineup. You never knew what was going to happen at a Guns N' Roses show. Someone asked Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx about this on Twitter. Sixx replied in all capital letters "THEY ARE. EVERYONE KNOWS".

 Of course if G N' R come anywhere near Salt Lake, I'll be going. I already have a rock babe to go with. It would be great if they actually would bring some new songs to the setlist as well. Also "Live Era '87-'93" is a pretty mediocre live CD, I suggest releasing a new and better live double CD. Here's some songs I'd love to hear live again from the original lineup.

First up, my absolute favorite Guns N' Roses song "Mr. Brownstone" (Guns N' Roses sang about the life they lived and it was full of many ugly moments.) :


How does Axl sound now? "Mr Brownstone" from 2014:


A song the original lineup wouldn't play, but should, "Better":


"Knockin' On Heaven's Door":



"Don't Damn Me":



"Coma":



"November Rain":



"Pretty Tied Up":



"Patience":



Just a personal request: I know that Axl has put on a few pounds over the years. But if he can still sing, who gives a damn? Please stop mentioning it.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites