Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Long Song Blog #2 Special Neil Young and Meat Loaf Songs Only (Started November 18th, 2015)

Hello,

These are some of my favorite long songs and I'm doing a long song blog for the songs of Meat Loaf, and Neil Young. My working definition of long song is at least 7:00, number in parenthesis is how long the song is. First up a few long songs by Neil Young:

"Down By The River" (9:20):


"Ordinary People" (18:13):


"Cowgirl In The Sand" (9:08):


My favorite of all of Neil's long songs. This is off his amazing CD "Sleeps With Angels", a CD you should really add to your collection. "Change Your Mind" (14:45):



A perfectly fine song as it is, but it would be so much finer if a few minutes less: "No Hidden Path" (14:33) (This version is "only" 9:47):


Now for the master of the long 7:00 + minute song,  Mr. Marvin Lee Aday. He's better known as Meat Loaf:

For those wondering the name of the female singer is Aspen Miller. "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) (10:48):



"Bat Out of Hell" (8:29):



"Objects In The Rearview Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are" (7:39):



"Paradise By The Dashboard Light" (8:25):



"Life Is A Lemon and I Want My Money Back" (8:18):



"A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age." Ain't that the truth! "Everything Louder Than Everything Else" (Wasted Youth) (7:59):



"A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste" (7:31):



This song is 7:58 on some of his CDs, but I can't find a good video for that version. I went with the "You Took The Words Right Out of My Mouth" (7:58) video below:


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites