Sunday, July 10, 2016

Songs On themusicaddict's Radar

Hello,

Have a great Sabbath!!

These are a couple of songs that came up yesterday at the funeral I went to. One kid played the guitar with the backing track of Eddie Vedder singing "Just Breathe":


Then this kid's favorite band is Blink-182. Every time I think of Blint-182 I think of this song "All The Small Things":


I'm a big fan of the Tony Award winning "Hamilton". It's the best and hottest Broadway debut since the amazing "Rent". Lin Manuel-Miranda will no longer be performing in the brilliant show he mostly wrote. Here's a couple of my favorite songs from that musical. First up "Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down)":

"Immigrants, we get the job done!":


I would be very satisfied if I can actually see this in 2017. "Satisfied":



Here's a couple of my favorite songs from "Rent", first up is "Light My Candle":


"La Vie Boehme":


It's time for some Jackson, first up Alan. "She's Got The Rhythm and I Got The Blues":


This song still feels so fresh and timely, despite the fact it's 30 years old. Michael Jackson "Billie Jean":


Obviously she'll never be the superstar she was back in the day, but Janet Jackson is still pretty great. Back in the day she recorded the amazing "Control". Then the follow up CD "Rhythm Nation" was even better. Good luck Janet in dealing with and resolving all your health issues. This is "Rhythm Nation" (extended):


Here's the original version:


Johnny Cash and June Carter "Jackson":


And lastly a couple by Swing Out Sister "Am I The Same Girl":


"Breakout":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites