Monday, July 11, 2016

themusicaddict's Great Bands I've Discovered in 2016, Part One

Hello,

One of the bands that I've discovered in 2016 is twenty one pilots. I won't say they're my favorite band I've discovered in 2016, but they're pretty good. My daughter and I will see them Saturday in Salt Lake at the oh my hell that's a long name arena. This is their "Emotional Roadshow" tour. It should be fun for me, but this is one of my daughter's favorite bands. I thought this would be a great bonding time and give her old man some music cred.

You may notice that some of these bands have been around for a long time, heck some of these bands aren't even together any more. But since I don't listen to a whole lot of radio, bands sometimes get by me. Many of these are bands that I've discovered after they were a big deal. Although their time in the sun may have passed and although they no longer may be together that doesn't mean that these songs still aren't great. Because many of these songs are great.

According to setlist.fm this is the song they close their concerts with, "Goner":


And this is the song they open their concerts with, which is also one of my personal favs, "Heavydirtysoul":


"House of Gold":


"The Judge":


The A*Teens are probably my favorite band I've discovered in 2016. Honestly it's a bit embarrassing that my favorite discovered band is teen pop. But I do love great pop music and that's what the A*Teens are. (Hey, they might make a comeback.)

I love, love, love this song "Firefly":


"Mamma Mia":


"Halfway Around The World":


"Hi and Goodbye":


Click Five A boy band, really, yes really. Again I love a great pop song.
"Catch Your Wave":


"Pop Princess":


"Angel To You (Devil To Me)":



And their great cover of a song that was a big hit by Thompson Twins back in my day. I love how much Click Five rock this out. "Lies":


Razorlight
"Stumble and Fall":



"Vice":



"Up All Night":



"Golden Touch":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites