Wednesday, November 15, 2017

(Finished November 16th, 2017) themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands #29 Van Halen: Their Best 80's Era Songs Part 3 # 22- # 11

Hello,

First of all, happy birthday to my brother. Thanks for being a great brother over the years.

When I write about these bands, I listen to each song that qualifies for their countdown blog. I then write down a rating for the best songs on a scale of 3 to 5. I then break all those songs down by their individual ranking and write the blogs from those rankings. Rarely does a band have more than 5 0r 6 songs rated as a 5, which makes the countdown blogs fairly easy to write. With Van Halen I rated 22 of their songs at a 5, so now I have to listen to all the songs again so that I can write my last two Van Halen countdown blogs. Hopefully I'll have these both finished today. Below are some of the songs that received the 5 star rating, they aren't in any order at this point however. And for those of you wondering how I didn't rate "Love Walks In" as a 5 star song, I have no idea! That song sounds just as fresh as it did when it first came out.

22) "Runaround":


21) "Top of The World":



20) "Intruder/(Oh) Pretty Woman":



19) "Why Can't This Be Love":



18) "Feels So Good";



17) "Source of Infection":



This song is an Alex Van Halen showcase, 16) "A.F.U. (Naturally Wired)":



15) "Dance The Night Away":



14) "Dreams":



I couldn't find a good live version of this song, that's sad for such a great live band. 13) "Panama":



12) "Summer Nights":



11) "Jamie's Crying":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites