Thursday, November 9, 2017

(Finished November 9th, 2017) Billboard's Top Ten Songs in June 16th, 1985: And That's Not Even Their Best Song Edition

Hello,

These were the top 10 songs in America 32 years ago according to Billboard Magazine as covered in Entertainment Weekly, June 16th, 2017. I've included Entertainment Weekly's grade and as well my grade. I know this is a cliche, but music really was better back in the day. 

In this case that is their best song. 10) Survivor "The Search Is Over" EW: C+, my grade: A

I don't just like this song, I love it: 


Can you name another song by Katrina and the Waves? Neither can I, okay this is their best song. 9) Katrina and the Waves "Walking on Sunshine" EW: A-, my grade: A


And this isn't even his best song, maybe it's "No One Is To Blame". 8) Howard Jones "Things Can Only Get Better" EW: B+, my grade: B+


See note for Katrina and the Waves. 7) Mary Jane Girls "In My House" EW: B+, my grade: A


And that's not even one of her ten best songs, although she looks amazing in the picture below. 6) Madonna "Angel" EW: B, my grade: B


And that may be their best song, or maybe "Rio", "Girls On Film" or "Ordinary World". 5) Duran Duran "A View To Kill" EW: B+, my grade: A


When you have such songs as "When Doves Cry" and "Let's Go Crazy", there's no way that this is Prince's best song. 4) Prince and the Revolution "Raspberry Beret" EW: A+, my grade: B+


This might be their best song, that is if it isn't "Shout", "Mad World" or "Pale Shelter". 3) Tears For Fears "Everybody Wants To Rule the World" EW: A-, my grade: A



This isn't even his best song, it probably is "In The Air Tonight", "Against All Odds" or "You Can't Hurry Love". 2) Phil Collins "Sussudio" EW: B+, my grade: B+



This could be his best song, if it isn't "Summer of '69" or "Can't Stop This Thing We Started". 1) Bryan Adams "Heaven" EW: A-, my grade: A



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites